Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Referencing

• 23-09-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Is there any referencing book available to buy/rent from the library that will give a good guideline on how UCC referencing works?

Can you buy any good ones from the student center book shop?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Bit early to start worrying about that no? Ya there's books available but it depends on what style you're using? If you don't know what style it is just give the department and I'm sure someone will know

If it's English you're looking for the MLA style

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

Learn how to use EndNote too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Purdue Online Writing Lab will explain referencing and all that bollocks to you very clearly and concisely. FOR NOTTIN'.

It's no big deal really

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Microsoft word has a built in feature that you can use for both quoting in the piece, which is AMA, and using footnotes. Click into Word 07 and go to the references tab - I've used it the whole time for AMA, and its been fantastic, one click at the end and you have the whole bibliography done

MLA is also there, and keeps an easy track of what pieces you are using in an essay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

History department have a book Up With Which I Will Not Put that incorporates everything about referencing, bibliography, phrasing, language, grammar, punctuation etc. It's about €7 and is a steal for the value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

Does the library not offer any books? In UL our library used to offer free books all about the rudiments of proper and consistent citation.

Advertisement