Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience help.

Options
  • 23-09-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi.

I've recently started a course in IT and one of the requirements is ten weeks work experience in a computer based environment. Its only for one day per week so it shouldn't take up too much of anyone's time. I'd really appreciate some help as I've tried every other avenue that i can think of without success and passing the course is dependent on completing the work experience module.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Would a school environment suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bobbys Bits

As long as it would involve working with computers in some way it would be perfect.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you have garda clearance?

I was Garda vetted for the course, it hasn't come through yet. Not sure how long it takes but i'll ask. Insurance is covered by Institute.

Would your course supervisor have any ideas of stuff you could do with schools,that would serve your purpose?

• Advertisement

The object of the work experience program is that i gain experience in a work environment based on computer work. It could be general typing, checking emails, file management, sourcing information etc. Basically whatever the employer would want me to do. One of the main things is that i would be going somewhere that will give an honest and decent evaluation of my work.

Sorry for all the qs. About to pm you.

Advertisement