Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day

Options
  • 23-09-2012 9:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭

Going start a thread on this if the mods are okay with it.

Just wondering has anyone heard of many offers for Guinness in the pubs/nightclubs and what price should be expected?

Its awfully quiet on that front this year, but I'm not ITK.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thr roundabout in artane is doing guinness and irish stew for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

May as well use this thread for speculating on the acts too; Rubberbandits are definitely playing in Whelans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

cson wrote: »
    May as well use this thread for speculating on the acts too; Rubberbandits are definitely playing in Whelans.

May I ask how you know? I heard the village.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭donaghs

Any beer offers out there? Last year Against the Grain across the road had a micro brew stout alternative offering

• Advertisement

donaghs wrote: »
    Any beer offers out there? Last year Against the Grain across the road had a micro brew stout alternative offering

Some are listed here - https://twitter.com/publinie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Show up to BrewDock at 17:59 and get a free pint of Dark Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

thr roundabout in artane is doing guinness and irish stew for a tenner.

Hardly a bargin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Hardly a bargin.

maybe. but im beginning to think i read the advertisement wrong on saturday night. it may have said 2 pints and a stew. ill check on thursday

May I ask how you know? I heard the village.

Scusey scusey, they are indeed in The Village. I read my email wrong, I'm a successful recipient of a wristband for them.

Tbh I'd advocate not drinking Guinness on Arthurs day because [a] You'll have to wait ages for pints and They'll likely be ****ely poured.

• Advertisement

Scusey scusey, they are indeed in The Village. I read my email wrong, I'm a successful recipient of a wristband for them.

Tbh I'd advocate not drinking Guinness on Arthurs day because [a] You'll have to wait ages for pints and They'll likely be ****ely poured.

Ah thanks for that, just wondering if my information was wrong! :) I'd like to see them but I'm wondering what queues are going to be like. Never done an Arthur's Day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭donaghs

The "whats on near you" doesnt appear to work in the latest firefox release, and just about working in IE9 - cant do a search though. Plenty of events in Dublin city anyway. Live music, free in, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

It's probably been asked but are tickets needed for these events or can you just show up to a pub and take your chances? Hearing mixed reports off people

You definitely need tickets [a wristband] for Rubberbandits in The Village. They've another TBA act there too so I'm hoping its a biggie seeing as Rubberbandits are effectively supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Anyone with an idea if there are more than 4 headacts in the city centre? I can only find 4 at http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/locator.html

(Grand Social, Dakota, The Market Bar and Whelans)

Is there any possibility to know beforehand where Fatboy Slim or Mumford & Suns will play or is it just hit and miss by visiting all Studio Pubs on thursday evening?
    And at what time would the headacts start playing anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

Worry about the music later...
    WHERE ARE THE CHEAP PINTS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

whitts wrote: »
    Worry about the music later...
    WHERE ARE THE CHEAP PINTS! :D

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Rumour has it Mumford & Son are in Whelans?! Someone confirm this please!? ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

We got a skin full of free pints in the Cock Tavern Swords last year.. Cant remember if its because we're regulars or there was few free pints for all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

By all accounts last night was fairly rough in Dublin. As much as people complain though it's no different to every weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

By all accounts last night was fairly rough in Dublin. As much as people complain though it's no different to every weekend!

Was around for a bit last night, seemed more hectic than most weekends to be honest. Was like a weekend night + a busy student night rolled together. Also most people started drinking earlier so more people in a state at an unexpected time than usual.
    Say it would have been good craic but you'd need a proper run at it.

Advertisement