Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New toy store for KK

Options
  • 23-09-2012 9:04pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Well this is how rumours starts.

I saw the Ken Black toy catalogue the other day. On the frontit says "Carlow - Kilkenny - Portlaoise - Wexford"

I presume a store is on the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

look inside and you will see where ikt is opening, near Woodies, presume old Byrnes shop. Great news for christmas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

was talking to someone that works in the carlow store few days ago and she was saying it should be opening in 5-6 weeks, also seen jobs advertised somewhere for new toy store in kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

We've been here before.

Ha, I started that thread, didn't realise it was that long ago though !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That's great, Kilkenny really needs a decent toy store. They prob realised half their CW customers are from here anyhow :p

• Advertisement

Have they started fitting out the shop in Loughboy yet?

mfitzy wrote: »
    Have they started fitting out the shop in Loughboy yet?

was up there today at the pet shop, didn't seen anything happening. but seen in town that the old byrnes shop on high street has a reserved sign in the window,

2nd post here says it's in Loughboy retail park though and I'm not sure Ken Black would bother with a city centre store. Can anyone confirm this?
    They moved out of their town centre shops in P'laoise and Carlow a good few years back as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2nd post here says it's in Loughboy retail park though and I'm not sure Ken Black would bother with a city centre store. Can anyone confirm this?
    They moved out of their town centre shops in P'laoise and Carlow a good few years back as well.

Well they moved back in to Carlow town with KB toystore, presumably their old store didn't rent/sell so they decided to use it, but reckon you are right, would imagine out of town is more the way they want to go with space and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm, I'm all for new shops and stores, but I'd be a bit concerned about out-of-town centres like those in Loughboy. I agree that they're suitable for some types of shop (ie those with huge demands for space), but I'd worry that they could suck all the life from the town centre a la Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Einhard wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm all for new shops and stores, but I'd be a bit concerned about out-of-town centres like those in Loughboy. I agree that they're suitable for some types of shop (ie those with huge demands for space), but I'd worry that they could suck all the life from the town centre a la Limerick.

And just about every town or city in England too, like ghost towns now as a result of out of town shopping developments. Unless you want a charity shop, bookies or kebab shop, where I used to live in England is a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Well they moved back in to Carlow town with KB toystore, presumably their old store didn't rent/sell so they decided to use it, but reckon you are right, would imagine out of town is more the way they want to go with space and all.

Yeah, despite re-opening their town centre location they still have the larger main store on the outskirts on the Wexford road. I find the town centre branch is strategically placed for popping in/impulse buying while the main branch is more suited to planned purchases. A similar model could work well in KK perhaps.

was up in the retail park today, seen two men inside the old byrnes world of wonder shop, measuring up the place, so maybe some work will start soon on new toy store

Hopefully it will actually happen this time :P

up about the retail park today and seen lot of people working in the shop today, all new shelving up so shouldn't be to long until it's opened,

started to stack up the shelves today, anyone know when they are due to open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

yeah, gotta be soon, keeping an eye on the place as well, reckon we are talking days, they are not hanging around. At least we are watching, have a spooky weekend, foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Still building the front/foyer of the shop and stocking the back, efficient looking opening. 2 weeks looks a realistic opening date at this rate given all the comms and electrics would be in place from when Byrnes were there

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Delighted to see this! Some money saved on diesel now! Carlow is a far enough spin

Drove by yesterday. I see they have all the stock in on the shelves so nearly ready to roll I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Friday:)

Friday:)

thats great was going to head to carlow thurs, just saved me 15 on petrol

"Ken Black" signs up now i noticed this evening. Definitely a welcome addition to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

"Ken Black" signs up now i noticed this evening. Definitely a welcome addition to the city.
    Excellent. Hope they do well there now.

Are they open today?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I passed there at 9 this morning and it looked like staff were having a chat, so I'd imagine so.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

It was to open at 11 am

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

The car park has been absolutely packed since they opened.

Anyone know what time they're open til? Can't find a number for them anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Anyone know what time they're open til? Can't find a number for them anywhere

11.00pm

Advertisement