Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, the busy season is about to start

• 23-09-2012 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

As we all know, we're coming up to the end of September, and thus October, and the start of the 'busy' season for games. What might we all be looking to? What have we thought of the year so far?

So far I personally have been dissapointed with the year. So many delays, the vita wasn't as good as expected, but the end of the year looks to make that up a bit, even if there's 3 games I'm dying to play, so to speak. In order

Pokemon black and white 2 (cos I'l be buying both)
    Halo 4
    Call of duty black ops 2

So, everyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tokyo Jungle.

Thursday.

Without using too much hyperbole, it is basically the gaming equivalent to the Second Coming of Christ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty much the only thing I'm interested in is Tokyo Jungle and Pokemon, the rest can wait until they are on sale. I probably would be interested in Assassins Creed 3 but since I've got the rest of the games and only played the first then that can wait as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dishonoured...

that's about it really

although I probably wont even get it until next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have bought a large number of games already this year and my backlog is insane. So I've decided to really cut down the number of games I buy for the rest of this year. Should be pretty easy as there isn't much coming out that I would want day one.

I've just bought PES 2013 but I buy PES every year so that almost doesn't count.

I have Assassin's Creed III pre-ordered for a few months now. Really looking forward to it. I think it might be my favourite franchise of this generation.

Other than those two, my picks for the rest of the year will be:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted - looks like a cross between Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise. Sounds amazing to me.

Actually, I think that is it, just NFS. Pretty poor end to a poor year. I think the best two games I finished this year have been Binary Domain and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. In most other years neither of these two would be at the top of my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Little Big Planet Vita - best platformer pretty much ever. Loving it as it the series massive potential is only now be fully realised with a touchscreen interface. The first two PS3 games were held back by fiddly joypad controls that at times made creating things a chore. Now that you can just drag and drop in a more tactile way, the barrier for users wanting to create is much much lower.

It is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking forward to Paper Mario Sticker Star on the 3DS.
    Due out in November in the States, hopefully it'll get over here before Christmas.
    Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2 will do me for the rest of the year, I think. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I thought this year wasn't as good as previous years but there were still a few very good games. I thought Darksiders 2 was a big improvement on the 1st game while I'm really enjoying Borderlands 2 and LittleBigPlanet Vita currently. The highlights, though, for me, were Resident Evil Revelations, which was I felt a real return to form for the series (until the Resi 6 demo ruined that) and was a great achievement on the 3ds, and the Witcher 2 on xbox (no gaming PC:(), which was an outstanding game, with the controls really well mapped to a controller.

I'm looking forward to Pokemon Black/White 2, Assassin's Creed 3 (looks to be a big/much needed change to the 3 previous games) and Paper Mario Sticker Star, assuming it comes out on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Pokémon is the only one on my radar at the moment, but it won't be a day one purchase for me as I don't have the cash. I'm wondering if I should get White 2 (because I've played through white) or change it up completely with Black 2.

Outside of that, there's really nothing catching my eye until Tomb Raider next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

cloud493 wrote: »
    even if there's 3 games I'm dying to play, so to speak. In order

Halo 4
    Call of duty black ops 2

So, everyone else?

Really ? , no seriously, Really ?
    Relevant

At this time of year, there is no point in the PC gamers buying anything that's not just released, as we have the STEAM sale coming soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm not really counting down the days for any one game, looking forward to more games out early next year than late this. Keeping a eye on Hitman Absolution, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, WWE 13, Pokemon Black and White 2 and Assassins Creed III. Was looking forward to Resi 6 but the feedback is so bad I scratched it off my watch list.
    What is out for the 3DS this christmas besides Paper Mario and Prof Layton?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

european release soon,i can play most songs already but should be a bit of crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 to plough through for now, but then XCom releases in 3 weeks and absorb my life. Apart from that, only Assassins Creed 3 is a "must buy" this holiday (since Resident Evil 6 is looking pants), probably the odd game or two I'm forgetting between now and December but cant really think of any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Really ? , no seriously, Really ?
    Relevant

At this time of year, there is no point in the PC gamers buying anything that's not just released, as we have the STEAM sale coming soon enough.

Yes :mad: I'm not part of the hating call of duty club , I'm super excited for black ops 2 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot about dishonoured, now that does look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Dishonored looks good but I doubt I'll buy it on release, prob get in on the cheap in a year or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Another one for Tokyo Jungle.
    Dishonored too.

EDIT:
    Tokyo Jungle.

Thursday.

Without using too much hyperbole, it is basically the gaming equivalent to the Second Coming of Christ.

It's out Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

XCOM: enemy unknown :) 2 or 3 weeks to release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

need for speed most wanted
    Assassins creed 3
    black ops 2
    hitman absolution

thats about it until next year

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Carrier Command (keep forgetting that one but the release list I am looking at just reminded me :) ).
    Dishonored

Thats it anyway according to the list I am looking at.
    I think Luigis mansion is next year and Paper Mario also is a maybe for this year.

Busy this month though. GW2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 and I also backed Project Eternity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Far Cry 3
    Assassins Creed 3
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter
    Black Ops 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also, apparently Persona 4 Arena might be out this year.

Might. I am only semi-optimistic. But yeah, that'll be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Tokyo Jungle.

Thursday.

Trendy words just for the sake of sounding different. The game seems to be perfect for a 15 year old.

And as for looking forward to a Pokemon game that's just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Forgot about Dishonoured as well, I see its out in two weeks, marketing seems to be pretty much non existent as I haven't heard a thing about it since the gameplay demo 6 months ago

Can't say I'm looking forward to much at the moment to be honest, I've got Mass Effect 3 to keep me busy for the next month or so then planning on getting Bayonetta and Vanquish which will probably eat up another month

Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2 and maybe Far Cry 3 are the only games that interest me between now and Christmas but I doubt I'll pick any of them up before next year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

a million gamers wallets just cried out in agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

cloud493 wrote: »
    As we all know, we're coming up to the end of September, and thus October, and the start of the 'busy' season for games. What might we all be looking to? What have we thought of the year so far?

So far I personally have been dissapointed with the year. So many delays, the vita wasn't as good as expected, but the end of the year looks to make that up a bit, even if there's 3 games I'm dying to play, so to speak. In order

Halo 4
    Call of duty black ops 2

So, everyone else?

That is a horrible list of shovelware! :p

Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 should keep me busy for awhile!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon is not shovelware :mad:

And I love halo, I must admit. The lore, the weapons, the gameplay..... :pac: And I dunno, there hasn't been a single call of duty game since modern warfare 1, that I've 'hated' I always look forward to them, haven't missed one at launch in 5 years.

And dishonoured'll go cheap quick I reckon :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

new fifa, new cod:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ManOfTheFoos

Halo 4
    nuf said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Tokyo Jungle.

Thursday.

Trendy words just for the sake of sounding different. The game seems to be perfect for a 15 year old.

And as for looking forward to a Pokemon game that's just as bad.

Here's an idea.

Don't fûcking buy them then.

Advertisement