Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, the busy season is about to start

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nothing really interests me, maybe Dishonoured. Other than that it'll probably just be Fifa until the Steam Sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Halo
    Hitman

Bout it really. Wait and see reviews for everything else.

Don't play CoD (have BF)

Steam sale of course :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

XCOM: enemy unknown :) 2 or 3 weeks to release

yes cant wait some good old turn based action :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trendy words just for the sake of sounding different. The game seems to be perfect for a 15 year old.

And as for looking forward to a Pokemon game that's just as bad.

Oh god, it's mister maturity here! Because the games I play don't have 18+ on the front with guns, gore and bad language must mean I'm very childish!

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'm going to pick up PES13 today after the demo really blew me away. First time I'll be buying a PES game at launch in five years. Also have Halo 4 on preorder and just ordered the US version of Person 4 for the Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Looks like a fair few aren't going to be splashing out during silly season. Is this an indication that there'll be a downturn in "Xmas" sales this year?

Like a lot of people I'm not really a new release buyer any more. The games that might tempt me are Halo 4 and Dishonoured but I'll probably wait and let someone get me them as Xmas presents.

Shame RE6 is looking so terrible :(

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Steam sale, and maybe maybe Wii U... and Assasins Creed 3. I hated the Assasins Creed 2 to 3.5 or whatever their on but this one looks ballin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't know how people can get excited about COD any more, that game got old after world at war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't know how people can get excited about COD any more, that game got old after world at war.

I'll see how the reviews go and may well pick it up just for the Zombies mode if it drops in price but by now I think most people are oversaturated on military shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Trendy words just for the sake of sounding different. The game seems to be perfect for a 15 year old.

And as for looking forward to a Pokemon game that's just as bad.

LoL at a CoD fanboy being all high and mighty over someone who likes pokemon and tokyo jungle which looks to be pretty awesome.
    I dont mind if people like it or not but its the pure close mindedness of "ITS THE BEST GAME EVER" that just pisses me off, have you ever played a game with a broader design than "go here and shoot this"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, so far I got only borderlands 2.

I am getting wow expansion collectors edition, but I am getting it for free, so I don't know if that counts,

After that there is no must get games for me. I doubt I wil be able to afford anything, but then again there is nothing that would make me "jizz in my pants". Most likely I will leave everything for steam sale next year.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm getting

Dishonered
    Hitman Absolution
    Assassins Creed 3

Depending on reviews I may pick up
    Resident Evil 6
    X-Com

If the Starcraft 2 expansion comes out I might pick that up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ExpansiOnwould be around spring I would presume? Didn't it just gone to beta? You know how blizzard can be "it's done, when it's done".

Though it would be something I would get for free again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hell Yeah!
    Dishonored
    Hotline Miami
    Carrier Command
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Assassin's Creed 3
    Epic Mickey 2
    Hitman: Absolution
    Far Cry 3

Prison Architect, Strike Suit Zero and Feist are still technically 2012 games but there's still no official release dates for them yet. :(

EDIT: ****, forgot about Hawken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've been out of the loop regarding games of late. Haven't bought a new game in ages.

I guess my love of games dwindled somewhat but BF3/Dead Rising 2/Prototype over the weekend made me fall in love with them all over again.

Just been catching up with what's coming out and I really can't wait to give ZombiU a bash. FIFA 13 is a given really as I buy it every year.

Tokyo Jungle and the new Hitman game are definitely on my radar. Haven't given anything else much thought as I've a huge back catalogue to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm a PC gamer who doesn't really buy games on release any more, the last game I bought close to release was the excellent Skyrim, which I bought three or four weeks later for €25. That said, I'll probably buy Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 before Christmas - buying them that quickly is as soon as I'll ever realistically buy any game, my backlog is shocking so no rush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Obligatory troll

Half Life 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The busy season is about to start? Time to get my Dreamcast out and play some Shenmue then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Picked up Sonic Generations and Ubisoft Xbla Hits Collection (Beyond Good and Evil, Outland and From Dust) today for €40+.
    Did Anyone buy The Testament of Sherlock Holmes yet I adored Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper but €45 is hardly elementary now is it Holmes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I feel a bit scared at the prospect of the money I'll be shelling out, over the next few months.

Medal of Honor Warfighter
    Black Ops 2
    Halo 4
    Dishonored
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Hitman: Absolution
    Far Cry 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Dishonoured the only release buy I'd say. Unless Resi 6 whips it out of the bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dishonoured and Hitman and maybe ACIII are the only things sparking my interest this christmas, was a lot more titles last year I was looking forward to, that was a great winter for gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Might go for resi 6, wait for the reviews I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fifa this friday
    Farcry 3
    AC 3
    Maybe dishonored

I might just wait and get them for xmas though,not excited for much else tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Only game I'm really interested in is AC3, probably get it day 1. Dishonored looks interesting but haven't really seen enough of it to know whether its worth getting or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

So let me get this straight, CoD Black Ops 2 is utterly derivative akin to EA printing money but Pokemon Black/White 2 is fine? They seem the same to me

I'm looking forward to Natural Selection 2 the most

With X-COM being a close second although I'm expecting to be disappointed with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Grimebox wrote: »
    With X-COM being a close second although I'm expecting to be disappointed with it

there's a demo on steam, give it a shot before you make a decision on it, it made my mind for me last night. Definite buy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Really ? , no seriously, Really ?
    Relevant
    YOUTUBE e-LE0ycgkBQ

At this time of year, there is no point in the PC gamers buying anything that's not just released, as we have the STEAM sale coming soon enough.

Bought Borderlands 2, only to realise level is capped at 50, (dafuq!)

oh wait , the DLC x4 will probably unlock that for me, mmmkkay. ChaChing GearBox.

Absolutely hate DLC, it should have been sold with it!
    Im still going to play BOrderlands 2 though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

platinums wrote: »
    Bought Borderlands 2, only to realise level is capped at 50, (dafuq!)

oh wait , the DLC x4 will probably unlock that for me, mmmkkay. ChaChing GearBox.

Absolutely hate DLC, it should have been sold with it!
    Im still going to play BOrderlands 2 though. :rolleyes:

To be fair they did a fairly decent job with the DLC for Borderlands 1 so hopefully they'll also manage a decent job with this game. Only one I didn't really like was the Moxxxi one.

I think the level was capped last time as well but was raised with one of the DLC packs.

I'm unlikely to buy very much, just got FTL and Borderlands 2, might pick up X-Com and Dishonoured, the former probably close to release, the latter will most likely wait.

To me there's not really that much of a busy season any more, my backlog can easily carry me through any dry periods so I just don't notice the peaks and troughs any more. It's just one long line, constantly heading to the sky of games I own but have not yet played :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This week I got Madden, NHL, pro evo, F1, Sherlock Holmes, Rocksmith. LBP vita.

Coming up ill get MOH, Borderlands 2, dishonored, Xcom, need for speed, black ops 2, black ops vita. Far cry, ac3 and prob a few more I've forgotten.

Advertisement