Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle test in Navan

• 23-09-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have my motorcycle test in Navan on the 20th Oct. 12

I did my IBT last April, bought my first bike in May, an ER6n and I have but 3,000km on it over the Summer. I did a pre-test last Thursday which was very positive except the instructor was from Finglas and he didn't know any history of past driving tests in Navan.

Has anybody sat the test in Navan and would you know of any peculiarities about the test. I'm fairly confident and I don't get stressed with tests but I would appreciate any information.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Just leave a 50 euro note in the glovebox and they'll do the rest ;)

(Good Luck in the test!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Snooze1

Did mine in Navan in July. There are a few test routes that they can choose from. All I can say is once you are familiar with Navan you should be fine! One of the more popular roads is the road up the back of the Willows pub on the main road. I'd go up there and practice my turnabout on the widest section of road if I was you.

Apart from that they could really bring you anywhere, so get out and practice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Redkite

Thanks I didn't go up that past the Willows pub yet. I will do that at the weekend is that the road that leads onto the Ardboyne hotel

Thanks again.

Yes, but its a good bit back down the road. Its the main road alrite, but if you are coming from Dubland go through the 1st set of lights and take the 1st left hand turn at the Willows Pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Snooze1

As Wondaboy said, if you turn left there and keep going straight, it will bring you up a nice twisty bit of road and then onto a straight, it's up at the straight bit, which is quite wide where I was made to do my turnabout and my emergency braking, but it is only one of the places they can make you do it.

Also up behind the Maxol garage on the main road in Navan, they can make you do the turnabout there or up in the industrial estate in Beechmount. Lots of places, but once you're ok with the turnabout you'll be able to do it anywhere.

Just becareful as one of the routes has 2 80klm an hour zones which is unusual, and if you dont make progress you will fail. So keep an eye out for them. Remember to give a slight brake light entering into a slower zone and a glance over the shoulder when accelerating out of a slow zone, shows observation.

Thats what was drilled into me by my instructor.

Good Luck with the test.

Advertisement