Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what holiday visa stamp on passport looks like?

• 23-09-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Arrived in NZ a few days ago and looked again at the passport. I got a little worried when all I saw was a stamp that said"New Zealand Entry" and has the numbers 2028 underneath it. Then it just has the date of arrival and the immigration officers signature on it.

Just slightly worried as it has nothing on it about a Visa. I applied for Visa and got it weeks in advance and told your man that we were here on working holiday visa. Surely it was on the system and everything is good!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Hi tbayers, I recently went through customs with a Permanent Resident visa and I got the same simple stamp you got as well. A little disappointed after the amount of work it took to get that visa! It should all be recorded on their system and your visa should now be active. You could probably call INZ to verify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Its electronic, they scan your passport and your visa/permit status flash up on the screen. All they do is stamp it every time you enter/leave. I've got a couple of three year permits and visas that are actually printed stickers but when I came in on the WHV it was just a stamp and a quick "welcome to New Zealand bro" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Ah nice one, thanks guys. Pity that I have brought the weather with me, tis pretty ****ty over here! Ah well time is something I have, thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Its spring so the weather will be very unpredictable for a while yet. Steadily getting warmer though which is nice. Ah the joys of a maritime climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

If your in auckland, take a trip down to the address below and they will print the visa you were expecting on your passport. Handy if you want to prove to a prospective employer you got a working visa. Think it was free too.

Immigration New Zealand
    Level 4
    280 Queen Street
    Auckland CBD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

They have given you the wrong stamp. Same thing happened my other half and they stamped "cancelled" over it and gave the correct one below.
    Its recorded electronically too so it shouldn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Thanks guys, so best bet is to head to immigration offices and get it sorted, easier for future employers? Or wait till I go to South Island and get it stamped by officers there?

Advertisement