Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weather Warning-tomorrow and Tuesday

• 23-09-2012 10:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Weather Warning just issued for tomorrow and Tuesday for Ireland,NI and UK.

Heavy Rain and severe gales and wind gusts.

Be carefull out there,and be safe too.

On a sad note a motorbiker has died after his bike went into the central crash barrier on the M1 Motorway earlier today,it was up near the border.

RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

So basically...the Irish winter has arrived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

:rolleyes:
    paddy147 wrote: »
    Weather Warning just issued for tomorrow and Tuesday for Ireland,NI and UK.

Heavy Rain and severe gales and wind gusts.

Be carefull out there,and be safe too.

On a sad note a motorbiker has died after his bike went into the central crash barrier on the M1 Motorway earlier today,it was up near the border.

RIP.
    i wish there was a weather forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

:rolleyes:
    i wish there was a weather forum

Posted by myself as a heads up/warning to all bikers out there,with regards the nasty weather forecast and seen as there was tragic fatality on Sunday too.

You might also care to notice/research the other threads talking about bad weather on the motorbike forum.

Thanks for that lovely informative post of yours,seen as its your very 1st post on the motorbike forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Just to clarify, the bike fatality was on the M1 near Tyrone, NI, not the M1 from Dublin - Dundalk.

The deceased was a pensioner from Cookstown and has been named on Aertel.

I searched online for a report on this accident after reading the first post yesterday - since I live near the M1 (the Dublin-Dundalk one) and know a few bikers in this area - and couldn't find one on the Irish news sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Todays weather makes me glad I have decent gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Cienciano wrote: »
    Todays weather makes me glad I have decent gear.

I drove to Coventry yesterday.......sweet Jeebus. Brutal crossing on ferry first, and mayhem on the roads. Saw several guys on the motorway on bikes, and really didn't fancy it tbh. Felt scared FOR them, in fact.........looking at them, easy spot them from the front, but all were nigh-on invisible from rear. Scarily so.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jesus....yad think we never had bad weather before girls.........:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I agree, the rain is heavy and a bit of wind but nothing mental. Yeah you gotta be on your toes alright but its not DEFCON 5 just yet.

You young lads dont know what bad weather is..."in my day.............."...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You young lads dont know what bad weather is..."in my day.............."...:)

The heavy snowfall of 1981 was fairly bad allright,I remember walking through around 18 inches of it then.:)

With the amount of flooded roads and streams of water running accross the roads this morning,anyone can be caught out very easily and fast too,regardless of age or experience.

Stay safe all.:)

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    The heavy snowfall of 1981 was fairly bad allright,I remember walking through around 18 inches of it then.:)

Walking....:rolleyes:.....I was working for Pony Express then.....on a CB 250N.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sure I dont even wear motorbike boots y'all I just paint my feet black and lace my toes together!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Rough enough out here in the middle of the Irish Sea :)

I remember the floods of '11 :cool: Now that was serious. This is just a bit of drizzle

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sure I dont even wear motorbike boots y'all I just paint my feet black and lace my toes together!!!!!

:D.......ATGATT thats me.......;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Walking....:rolleyes:.....I was working for Pony Express then.....on a CB 250N.....:p

I was doing courier work back in the 80's too!.. Marigold gloves inside your gauntlets and news paper down the front my my barbour jacket :)

Oh and the best tyres we had back them were Dunlop TT 100's :p

tyre_K70_f.jpg

My rides back then were a Sanglass 500 and later a Yamaha XS400.

Todays weather, pfft!. Although I nearly had a spill this morning, I went wide to avoid a flood on a round about but the waters have washed oil and crap onto my line, the bike slide a bit and I thanked God for my sticky Conti's :D

Funny that...i was recently talking about tyres to a mate and my favorite wet tyre back then was always Conti's....never liked the TT100's....in the wet the bike would even slide on the sidestand....:D

Funny that...i was recently talking about tyres to a mate and my favorite wet tyre back then was always Conti's....never liked the TT100's....in the wet the bike would even slide on the sidestand....:D

The memories eh!.

I don't remember ever running Conti's back then, maybe I did.

Do you remember when the Dunlop Arrowmax came out in the mid-late 80's and we all though we were GP racers :p

We're getting old :cool:

Me da is 65 and was on bikes since he was a teenager. He reckons the tyres from back in the 60's and 70's were a small step up from plastic they were so hard :D

Cienciano wrote: »
    Me da is 65 and was on bikes since he was a teenager. He reckons the tyres from back in the 60's and 70's were a small step up from plastic they were so hard :D

Yeah...these days theyre called Nangkang's..........:D

The memories eh!.

I don't remember ever running Conti's back then, maybe I did.

Do you remember when the Dunlop Arrowmax came out in the mid-late 80's and we all though we were GP racers :p

We're getting old :cool:

Remember putting a huge tyre on the back of my z400.....think it was a 120.........:D:D

• Advertisement

Remember putting a huge tyre on the back of my z400.....think it was a 120.........:D:D

lol, I done the same on an RD 125 lol.

The lads here will be thinking we're two old farts now :pac:

The lads here will be thinking we're two old farts now :pac:

I am..and i do........... gassy and proud.........:D

Advertisement