Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Porridge Debate

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

breffni666 wrote: »
    Its grand, just add a touch of milk for taste. I dont get this "cooking" porridge though. I just add boiling water stir it up touch of milk and sugar and away i go.

But it wouldn't be soft, that's the point of cooking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LoocyLoo

I like making it with coconut milk and water, rather than dairy milk. Then bananas and sultanas as already said.
    Or, alternatively make it with water and add a slice of creamed coconut - same effect.

Yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Christ, where do yous cünts get time to make all this fancy porridge shyte in the mornings??! I wake up and fall out the door to work, breakfast is a luxury. Its thanks to you Oliver Twist impersonators that this country is in the state its in!
    Get an alarm clock ffs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

Oats in the bowl. Milk heated in the pan with sliced banana or apple and then poured over the oats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I made it with just water for the first time this morning cause we had no milk in the house. I sat there forcing it down my throat when it looked, tasted and had the consistency of wall paper glue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Half milk and half water

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

Irish porridge is the worst in the world. Tasteless flakes of cardboard.

Ever had Scotts from eh, Scotland? You can get it at Iceland. The taste compared to the Irish muck is frankly astounding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

With water and a few raisins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Mostly milk, a little water, top with honey, a banana, cinnamon and hemp seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Bake those bastards into some kind of oatmeal bar. F*cking horrible with water or milk, you crazy cats.

That said, I shove it down my kids throats while I eat Bran Flakes.

Do I as I say, not as I do, etc, etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I don't like porridge. I prefer to eat something that resembles food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Best topping for good creamy porriage, has to be a shot of baileys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Irish porridge is the worst in the world. Tasteless flakes of cardboard.

Ever had Scotts from eh, Scotland? You can get it at Iceland. The taste compared to the Irish muck is frankly astounding.

Why would I go to Iceland to get oats from Scotland? That's not right!

Water with salt, porridge, cook it up then add milk, toasted flaked almonds, cinnamon, honey and Demerara sugar for the yum. That's the stuff to put the red neck on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Dislike porridge either way and don't find it filling in the slightest. High Protein, high fat breakfasts for me all the way! :cool:

Advertisement