Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quiet Girls

• 23-09-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Girl I've seen in one of my lectures.

Is cute. Doesn't seem to have many friends. Bit of a nerd. Cute though.

How do I approach this?

She intimidates me with her niceness.

(I'm quite drunk(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

If you're drunk now is the time to go and slobber all over her.. then when she starts talking to you out of pity.. walk away .. act as if you dont give a feck !!

She'll be dripping like a fcuked fridge !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Not with the girlfriend anymore then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Try to get talking and get to know her first...then ask her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

If you're drunk now is the time to go and slobber all over her.. then when she starts talking to you out of pity.. walk away .. act as if you dont give a feck !!

She's not here right now. I'm at home.

Ahhh... I think I have a crush on a chick I've never spoken to.

Gheeeyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Just stand near her in total silence, she'll get the hint and soon enough you'll have mute children together.

• Advertisement

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Not with the girlfriend anymore then?

Clearly not. Also, fcuk you kindly. Fresh wound.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I'd be aware of that. Quiet, can mean she can't even utter a 'no' thus rendering her more prone than the loudest, happiest slut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Dean0088 wrote: »

How do I approach this?

(I'm quite drunk(

There is only one solution. When you see her tomorrow you must do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Well. You're going to have to talk to her. I'm not sure what level you're at on the social scale. Walk normally, one leg and then the other, and don't make any animal noises mid-sentence. If your unsure that she's into you try licking her face. She might just lick you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The same way you would approach any girl you fancy...jees just because she's shy doesn't mean she's an alien and needs weird treatment to attract her. Just go for it if you want her damnit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Ohhhhhhh I pictured you in a class, quiet girls.

she is more than likely a lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

TheComeUp wrote: »
    The same way you would approach any girl you fancy...jees just because she's shy doesn't mean she's an alien and needs weird treatment to attract her. Just go for it if you want her damnit.

Yep but if he approaches her out of the blue surrounded by a crowd, I'd put a bet that her answer will be no... regardless of how good looking or nice he is.:cool:

Just saying like.

I'm afraid of scaring her away by thrusting my loins at her.

She seems quite timid...

tan11ie wrote: »
    Yep but if he approaches her out of the blue surrounded by a crowd, I'd put a bet that her answer will be no... regardless of how good looking or nice he is.:cool:

Just saying like.

Fair enough but in all honesty why would you approach her in a crowd.... And jesus christ who actually just asks a girl out on the spot anymore especially in college without even talking much. There are proper smart ways to approach girls. Anybody knows that. They're in lectures together, more than likely they both know eachother by name already. It isn't that hard to get close to someone in a lecture without giving too much away. When he has something to work on he can go from there.

Just sayin!

Fair enough but in all honesty why would you approach her in a crowd.... And jesus christ who actually just asks a girl out on the spot anymore especially in college without even talking much. There are proper smart ways to approach girls. Anybody knows that. They're in lectures together, more than likely they both know eachother by name already. It isn't that hard to get close to someone in a lecture without giving too much away. When he has something to work on he can go from there.

Just sayin!

That's why I said get talking and get to know her first:rolleyes:

Just saying :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Can't be that fresh if you're already making moves on someone else tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

How do I approach this?

(I'm quite drunk(

There must be a joke about a nerd and a drunk but I'm too drunk right now to think about.
    Write her a little love note.

Namlub wrote: »

Can't be that fresh if you're already making moves on someone else tbf

Swirling stale Guinness round ones mouth would have anyone gasping for a whisky, unaged.

tan11ie wrote: »
    That's why I said get talking and get to know her first:rolleyes:

Just saying :p

Well I presumed he would do that anyway...that's always my 'tactic' anyway so I presume everyone does the same logical thing.

Just saying :P

• Advertisement

How do I approach this?

(I'm quite drunk(

There must be a joke about a nerd and a drunk but I'm too drunk right now to think about.
    Write her a little love note.

Don't know her name :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

How do I approach this?

(I'm quite drunk(

behinde that niceness lies a sexual deivant with a strap on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

How do I approach this?

Rohypnol. Why do people not just try this approach first? Saves a LOT of time and effort, believe me.

So?

Different scenario, I was selling to a cute girl and her friend. Not only did I not know her name but she gave me a false name at first, and it became a joke about "government names"

20 minutes later I ended up giving her my phone number. It got back to me a few days later that shes actually connected to a mutual friend, so I looked her up on facebook and sure enough theres a wall post on there saying "Charisma +1: I just got the number of a cute nerdy guy at [retailer]".

At this point I could go ahead and message her and joke about her charisma comment and embarrass the hell out of her (which would be kinda cute) but at this point I'm just getting amusement seeing if she'll actually try to call me, having already facebook-stalked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

The quite ones are the type of woman you want in bed, they keep all that shy retiringness on the surface but given a chance they're more likely to explode into a fun sex demon who demands that weird sh1t is done. Sluty loud ones are actually the most boring, they just ly there like a plastic **** doll taking it with a distantly vacant stare.

Source~ I have a telescope.

Send the note to the nerdy quiet girl. That will get her attention. She is probably a tiger in the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

they just ly there like a plastic **** doll taking it with a distantly vacant stare.

Perfect

Buy her lingerie and make a mix tape. Ask her to wear the lingerie whilst listening to the mix tape for your **** bank. She'll ****ing love it.

• Advertisement

The quite ones are the type of woman you want in bed, they keep all that shy retiringness on the surface but given a chance they're more likely to explode into a fun sex demon who demands that weird sh1t is done. Sluty loud ones are actually the most boring, they just ly there like a plastic **** doll taking it with a distantly vacant stare.

Source~ I have a telescope.

I've heared that.

I sure hope so.

Shlonging XFactor viewers is like boiled food. It's there on a plate but everyone really wants it fried.

Send the note to the nerdy quiet girl. That will get her attention. She is probably a tiger in the bedroom.

An attempt may be made tomorrow to break the ice. I notice she normally sits in the same spot and shows up early.

I too will be conviently showing up early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

An attempt may be made tomorrow to break the ice. I notice she normally sits in the same spot and shows up early.

Might not want to try it if you bang of beer in the morning. Give it till Tuesday, just to be safe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Don't come too early, you'll ruin it! :pac:

Well I presumed he would do that anyway...that's always my 'tactic' anyway so I presume everyone does the same logical thing.

Just saying :P

Well maybe he isn't logical :pac:

Just giving my two cents as an ex shy/quite girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Overheal wrote: »
    So?

Different scenario, I was selling to a cute girl and her friend. Not only did I not know her name but she gave me a false name at first, and it became a joke about "government names"

20 minutes later I ended up giving her my phone number. It got back to me a few days later that shes actually connected to a mutual friend, so I looked her up on facebook and sure enough theres a wall post on there saying "Charisma +1: I just got the number of a cute nerdy guy at [retailer]".

With 33000 posts? I don't believe a word of it. I've heard that prolonged exposure to Boards does cause hallucinations though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

You sir, have an enviable mastery of the english language! :D

Creature of habit predictable = boring, you are wasting your time. Look for another target.

There's only one solution; hump her leg.

Confab wrote: »
    With 33000 posts? I don't believe a word of it. I've heard that prolonged exposure to Boards does cause hallucinations though.
    LOL. Actually in a related topic you'd be amazed how much weight I lost this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show.

• Advertisement

Peow peow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

sadly, I think the OP may suffer from a negligent discharge before he gets that far

Thats all well and good in theory but what happens if Guns turn up an hour late and Axl walks off the stage after 5 songs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Creature of habit predictable = boring, you are wasting your time. Look for another target.

If her habit was giving the op head it could be a worthwhile venture and provide the necessary distraction from his recent and now very public breAk up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Frightened of scaring her away?

She will probably be offended by your physical appearance, will be able to smell the nervousness off you from 50 feet and will still be able to muster a polite, but firm, no thank you.

Dont worry about scaring her, worry about what you are going to tell yourself when you get rejected bud

bdoo wrote: »
    If her habit was giving the op head it could be a worthwhile venture and provide the necessary distraction from his recent and now very public breAk up

Is he on the rebound?

kryogen wrote: »

Dont worry about scaring her, worry about what you are going to tell yourself when you get rejected bud

Same thing I do every night pinky..... Try not to pull myself asunder jerking off thinking of the quiet girl.

Is he on the rebound?

So it would seem

Is he on the rebound?

So it would seem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

op.

They say it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

She probably watched weird ainme, plays obscure japanese RPG games on her ps1 and SNES and is into BDSM.

I bet she has a fetlife profile where she's naked and marked.

The dirty wee bitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement