Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bad Facebook connection at UCC!!!!

• 23-09-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

hey, im living in castlewhite and we use the ucc on campus internet. its great internet, really fast and rarely any problems but me and my roomates have all noticed that facebook jams after about 5 minutes no matter what you do. any ideas wahts up?

thnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

shane9689 wrote: »
    hey, im living in castlewhite and we use the ucc on campus internet. its great internet, really fast and rarely any problems but me and my roomates have all noticed that facebook jams after about 5 minutes no matter what you do. any ideas wahts up?

thnx

Some labs have Facebook blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Like totes OMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

Try accessing facebook through a proxy (make sure the scripts enabled box is ticked) and see if it works any better, I recommend www.proxicate.net

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

I'm having the same problem in the Western gateway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

Has anyone tried my solution? Let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

aelune wrote: »
    Has anyone tried my solution? Let me know.

i did, and the proxy goes just as slow for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dewey collins

i tryed it on internet explorer and it seems to work a bit better but for some reason it crashes on google chrome

Advertisement