Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc

• 23-09-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have a htc explorer with a problem with the audio jack which has reappeared only shortly after I revived it back from repair I was wondering has anyone else had this problem as htc or o2 won't accept responsibility and won't replace my phone with another

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I don't know what the exact problem is your having but I have had issues with a couple of phones and headphones. I found that from having my phone in my pocket lint was getting into the headphone socket. I used a straightened paper clip do dig around in the socket and pulled loads of lint out.

maybe your issue is purely hardware, if so sorry I don't know what the problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

I have a htc explorer with a problem with the audio jack which has reappeared only shortly after I revived it back from repair I was wondering has anyone else had this problem as htc or o2 won't accept responsibility and won't replace my phone with another

if its a problem with the hardware its their responsibility to fix it.. if not (like above post) then its purely your own....
    goodluck resolving it anyway. i have an issue in my car where the audio in thing wont work due to the 2 connection pins inside being loose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

last time it was a problem with the mainboard of the phone so they fixed it but it reappeared again. while they will fix it they wont replace it with another one as i would like them to but i was wondering has anyone else had this problem and what could cause it eg speakers or headphones breaking it ... so feel free to share you personal experiences with problems like this (white noise from headphone jack)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

last time it was a problem with the mainboard of the phone so they fixed it but it reappeared again. while they will fix it they wont replace it with another one as i would like them to but i was wondering has anyone else had this problem and what could cause it eg speakers or headphones breaking it ... so feel free to share you personal experiences with problems like this (white noise from headphone jack)

Is the phone new/newish ? Is it still under warranty ? If you have had to fix it,and it is now faulty again, i would not stand for any further repairs. Put a letter together, detailing the history, dates, time the device has been in repair, time required to set the thing up/update etc. Tell them that in your opinion, having had the device repaired already, you are not satisfied with a second repair, and request a replacement unit. Tell them the device is in your opinion not fit for purpose, and a full refund, or new device is required. Tell them they ahve 10 days to respond in writing or you will lodge a claim in the small claims court.

Do it all in writing, and see how you get on. Ifneccessary, and you are happy it is not a fault of your own doing, lodge a small claims dispute online at a cost of about 10 euro if/when they do not agree to replace/refund.

yeah i've been in touch with htc and they won't replace it so they redirected me to o2 who won't replace it also plus i don't think i can take them to court :P

• Advertisement

yeah i've been in touch with htc and they won't replace it so they redirected me to o2 who won't replace it also plus i don't think i can take them to court :P

Why not? If.its.no fault.of yours? 10 euro cost to lodge the claim and if.you have been wronged you are entitled to!

I've done it and well worth it, if they are in the wrong they won't go that far!
    The threat and request for confirmation in writing was not.enough, but.the receipt for my small claims lodgment made them jump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

I have a HTC Explorer and my audio jack is also in bits. The sound only comes out of one side and is completely distorted. Haven't been bothered to try fix but its definitely a hardware fault and seems to have happened to quite a few others.

I have a HTC Explorer and my audio jack is also in bits. The sound only comes out of one side and is completely distorted. Haven't been bothered to try fix but its definitely a hardware fault and seems to have happened to quite a few others.

if its not too much trouble get the people you know who have this fault to post on this thread and i will email it to htc so they HAVE to do something about it :) if it means replacing our phones with another model so be it :)

if its not too much trouble get the people you know who have this fault to post on this thread and i will email it to htc so they HAVE to do something about it :)

I'll try but I don't think it would be much use. I really can't see how HTC can refuse to take responsibility for it though. If HTC have repaired the phone already, then they have acknowledged a fault and have taken responsibility for it. If the exact same problem has reoccurred after the phone was repaired, and its still under warranty, surely they are obliged to take responsibility for it again.

I think wexfordman gave some good advice and would be worth a shot:
    wexfordman wrote: »
    If you have had to fix it,and it is now faulty again, i would not stand for any further repairs. Put a letter together, detailing the history, dates, time the device has been in repair, time required to set the thing up/update etc. Tell them that in your opinion, having had the device repaired already, you are not satisfied with a second repair, and request a replacement unit. Tell them the device is in your opinion not fit for purpose, and a full refund, or new device is required

if its not too much trouble get the people you know who have this fault to post on this thread and i will email it to htc so they HAVE to do something about it :)

I'll try but I don't think it would be much use. I really can't see how HTC can refuse to take responsibility for it though. If HTC have repaired the phone already, then they have acknowledged a fault and have taken responsibility for it. If the exact same problem has reoccurred after the phone was repaired, and its still under warranty, surely they are obliged to take responsibility for it again.

I think wexfordman gave some good advice and would be worth a shot:
    If you have had to fix it,and it is now faulty again, i would not stand for any further repairs. Put a letter together, detailing the history, dates, time the device has been in repair, time required to set the thing up/update etc. Tell them that in your opinion, having had the device repaired already, you are not satisfied with a second repair, and request a replacement unit. Tell them the device is in your opinion not fit for purpose, and a full refund, or new device is required

Thanks, and it would be the retailer I would be addressing the issue to, not HTC, youbkught it off the retailer who has responsibility of.selling you a product fit for purpose.

• Advertisement

thanks for the advice guys it really is disgraceful this happens with their products :P i guss i'm gonna have to go to o2 with this

Mobile phone companies seem to act as if they're exempt from consumer law and have their own rules. Generally they only replace a phone after three repair attempts.

Thanks, and it would be the retailer I would be addressing the issue to, not HTC, youbkught it off the retailer who has responsibility of.selling you a product fit for purpose.

Yeah true, I should have said retailer. But from past experience, albeit with a different company, I was told that the retailer couldn't give me a refund or replacement due to some policy and simply forwarded my problem onto the manufacturer (HTC).

well i guess i'll get the repair paperwork and my consumer rights prepared and demand a replacement because it is their responsibility to replace it if their repair doesn't work :P

Yeah true, I should have said retailer. But from past experience, albeit with a different company, I was told that the retailer couldn't give me a refund or replacement due to some policy and simply forwarded my problem onto the manufacturer (HTC).

That would be them trying to fob you off! Your transaction was with the retailer not the manufacturer, don't accept that

That would be them trying to fob you off! Your transaction was with the retailer not the manufacturer, don't accept that
    what ever happened to consumer rights ? :P

Advertisement