Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you know how attractive to the opposite sex you are?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Yeah I'm ok. I'm not hideous looking and I know how to carry a degree of charm. So that works very well. However, I usually don't bother with any of that so I'm aware just how horrifying I can be to women too. Hurray! Do I win something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It's funny actually. Me an my mates used to be always out trying to pull when we were younger and only the odd time would be successful.

Were all older now in our late twenties and with long term girlfriends but we said we'd head to the local sh*tty nightclub to have a look. We for some reason thought all the younger women would be obsessed by us........they weren't. Some things never change!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

All i know is that i was more attractive to women when i had a girlfriend, since i've been single no one is interested in me. Maybe its a confidence thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

summerskin wrote: »

Interestingly, it's also absolute bullshít.

Take notice of the women you unconsciously glance up and down, I think you'll find there is a statistically significant correlation to her hotness. Hence your wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

mikemac1 wrote: »
    After seeing this man hook up with Charlize Theron I have new found hope for my average myself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2207320/Charlize-Theron-happy-new-man-Eric-Stonestreet-adopted-son-Modern-Family.html

aH HEYORRRRRR LEAVE IT OUTT

There HAS to be more to this...... Come on What gives:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

If you want to check if a woman in your social group fancies you you can get a good indication by how hard she slaps you when you high five her. Calibrate it with women you know are neutral about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Gauss wrote: »
    Take notice of the women you unconsciously glance up and down, I think you'll find there is a statistically significant correlation to her hotness. Hence your wrong.

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/eyes_body_language.htm

The above site is run by some Marketing Consultants who write on body language and persuasion (hence the name; Changing Minds).

According to them:
    "Looking up and down at a whole person is usually sizing them up, either as a potential threat or as a sexual partner (notice where the gaze lingers). This can be quite insulting and hence indicate a position of presumed dominance, as the person effectively says 'I am more powerful than you, your feelings are unimportant to me and you will submit to my gaze."

Also, their view on someone who looks down:
    "Looking down can thus be a signal of submission. It can also indicate that the person is feeling guilty."

If you want to check if a woman in your social group fancies you you can get a good indication by how hard she slaps you when you high five her. Calibrate it with women you know are neutral about you.

Even if you are wrong, it'll be a bit of craic testing your theory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

When I get a raging hard on just by looking at them

When I get a raging hard on just by looking at them

I imagine that this strategy is more likely to draw the bouncer than the ladies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

I don't stare at em. I've a small little mirror which I hold tight to my eyes and the ones behind don't notice. I also hold my Aran sweater in front of me.

A half pint of rohypnol later and you're sure to pull.

mod: poster banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

aH HEYORRRRRR LEAVE IT OUTT

There HAS to be more to this...... Come on What gives:cool:

Apparently she came on to him. He was just sitting at the bar licking his eyebrows minding his own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Gauss wrote: »
    When a woman looks you up and down she's interested, also if she breaks eye contact first and looks down. It's a sign she is submissive to you. I find it's a good rule of thumb.
    We tend to have a more triangular approach if we're interested. Women will look form the eyes to the mouth, then back to the eyes again. Men tend to look from the eyes to the mouth, then the boobs and back to the eyes again. This all happens in a matter of seconds.

This is subconscious - the more aggressive behaviour - blatently looking at crotches etc, tends to occur when we're drunk.

If a person is attracted to you they will mirror their actions, point their full body or part of their body towards you and touch you in a non-sexual way - brush your arm etc.

Men are also known to stand straight and hold their chests out, hook their thumbs into their belt and angle their hands towards their crotch in a 'hey, look what I have manner'. Women play with their hair, flutter their eyelashes and look out form under them.

Both genders preen - fix their clothes, hair etc. Apparently women are better at picking up on these signals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

I don't get approached by women often, I don't know many men who do, usually the gentleman has to initiate this. So I've no idea.

I did happen to go to a niteclub that had a gay night inadvertently and had plenty of offers, so I may be irresistible to gay men. If I was gay I'd be pulling all round me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dislikes heteronormative thread title...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

How do I know?? Cos I've been told on more than one occasion that I'm a pig. :( I've heard phrases along the lines of - I wouldn't get a kick in a stampede, they wouldn't get up on me to get over a wall, they wouldn't ride me if I had pedals, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've kind of heard them all by now. :o

Do I care? Not a bit. Nor does my imaginary girlfriend. :pac:

weemcd wrote: »
    I don't get approached by women often, I don't know many men who do, usually the gentleman has to initiate this. So I've no idea.

I did happen to go to a niteclub that had a gay night inadvertently and had plenty of offers, so I may be irresistible to gay men. If I was gay I'd be pulling all round me :(
    Women are more subtle, so you're probably just missing the signals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

hope you are right, apart from what you outlined above any other tips for the gents? you seem to know what you're talking about

are you coming onto me?

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    hope you are right, apart from what you outlined above any other tips for the gents? you seem to know what you're talking about

are you coming onto me?

No :pac:.

If you see a woman you like, keep looking in her direction (not stalketesque staring), when you catch her eye give her a supressed smile - as if you're trying to stop yourself smiling. She will look away, if she looks back, you're in!!

Edit: Thread on seduction in the ladies lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I always attract girls who then want to be my friend. Damn my niceness and complete and utter lack of confidence:(

Men who put women on pedestals ....... rarely knock them off!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

who cares, there's different types of attraction, it's all subjective, mutual attraction is what's important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

If you lick your finger then touch your arse, if you hear a sizzle noise then your made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Well its very rare you'll be attractive to 9/10 of the opposite the sex, unless your a celebrity or something. I think clubs are a good indication, normally if your good looking you will pull, but having said that confidence comes into play. I know a Justin Bieber lookalike(before anyone says anything for my age group Justin Bieber would be viewed as the best looking lad in a room if he was just a normal lad living here) and he rarely pulls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Chris Rocks rif on "would you like dick with that???" pretty much sums up a womans attractiveness, ie, if she is one, she's attractive(provided she's not an utter munter, and even then, someone will fancy her.

With men, it's more complex, you've gotta throw in stuff like clothes, smiling, normality, lack of a huge ar5e, has a flute bigger than a mouses tail, ability to actually string a sentence together, car, house, and...wallet. And still, a lot of lads with all or none of the above still get laid, a lot. One lad I know is about 5'2", fat, ugly but funny, and he beats them away with a big stick he gets so much. There's no accounting for what people will find attractive, it's the great mystery(and fun) of life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

If you walk up to her with a raging horn she might ride ya if she finds ya attractive or else she might ring the gaurds and you spend a few years in prison for indecent exposure. Its a risky business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

You'd have to be as subtle as a brick to the face for me, and many, many other lads to notice tbh. Sometimes guys just dont get it, while there are guys who do. They are the ones who do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any time I have been over in some of the cities in Britain I find the women would have no problem coming over and making first contact.

The Irish accent works like a charm in Britain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Women scream at me.

Usually it's in terror :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I judge it by how many of them show up to my bible study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I don't think I'm too good looking.. Some of my friends tell me I am, but I'm all like, "Nah" because I don't think so really :L

It is nice when you're hit on in the club though :L No work involved :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Well its very rare you'll be attractive to 9/10 of the opposite the sex, unless your a celebrity or something. I think clubs are a good indication, normally if your good looking you will pull, but having said that confidence comes into play. I know a Justin Bieber lookalike(before anyone says anything for my age group Justin Bieber would be viewed as the best looking lad in a room if he was just a normal lad living here) and he rarely pulls.

Whats your age group????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Paully D wrote: »
    The Irish accent works like a charm in Britain!

I knew a few Irish guys when I lived in Gothenburg who em, weren't the best looking shall we say-typical Irish lads (no offence :pac:) and they had drop dead gorgeous Swedish goddesses every time I saw them.

Seriously, their accents and the fact that they're Irish was a big attraction for the Swedish ladies. Two lads I knew used to have a competition when they would go out for who could pull the most. For serious.

Lesson being-if you're butt ugly or just have no confidence with Irish women and can't pull here-get thee to Sweden, where you'll be magically transformed into 'irresistibly charming with a cute accent' :D

[/B]

Whats your age group????

18-21. Put it this way if he wasn't famous, his lookalike would be this dude who im sure most girls would see as hot http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y7CcRJNRUOQ/T-9NAntSXSI/AAAAAAAAEX8/vtktaS6WgTw/s1600/paul-wesley35.jpg

I'm not gay but the guy is obviously good looking and the guy I know does resemble him yet doesn't get that many girls, which proves looks don't always mean you find it easy.

18-21

Same age group as I am so, and I would confidently say that if you took 200 people from the 18-21 age group, about 5 of them might agree with that point. Justin Bieber is no where near the best looking guy in our age group

I edited my post, look at the dude's picture. Its the spit of JB and more mature/olders girls would say he's hot. I mean name a better looking guy whose famous, let alone a normal everyday guy.

Well that guy looks nothing like Justin Bieber!! But ok I get what you're saying :)

I wouldn't say nothing http://www.okmagazine.com/sites/okmagazine.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/justin_bieber_sept10.jpg

But yeah maybe you don't think he's best looking guy but he's clearly at the very least a good looking dude. The guy I know who does look like him rarely pulls, so does that mean he's not attractive to opposite sex? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I edited my post, look at the dude's picture. Its the spit of JB and more mature/olders girls would say he's hot. I mean name a better looking guy whose famous, let alone a normal everyday guy.

Yeah, that guy is hot.
    But Justin Beiber is not.

I wouldn't say nothing http://www.okmagazine.com/sites/okmagazine.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/justin_bieber_sept10.jpg

But yeah maybe you don't think he's best looking guy but he's clearly at the very least a good looking dude. The guy I know who does look like him rarely pulls, so does that mean he's not attractive to opposite sex? I doubt it.

Maybe he's just an a$$?

• Advertisement

No, not at all, he prob could do with being more cocky, as bad as it sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

No, not at all, he prob could do with being more cocky, as bad as it sounds.

Ah... teeny peeny - therein lies the problem.

Yeah, that guy is hot.
    But Justin Beiber is not.

They look the exact same, the only difference is Wesley looks older because well he is older.

Plus if Bieber 'isn't hot' there's no hope for the rest of us

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm better-looking than Justin Bieber.

He looks like Ellen Page playing a lesbian.

When he was 15 maybe, not nowdays. http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn-latino/entertainment/Justin%20Bieber%20Billboard.jpg

I mean he's not the best looking guy in the world(not that i care) but he's clearly way above average and could have any girl he wants.

He looks like a woman in every pic you've posted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I don't think I'm too good looking.. Some of my friends tell me I am, but I'm all like, "Nah" because I don't think so really :L

It is nice when you're hit on in the club though :L No work involved :cool:

Lazy bastard. You can't be so submissive about finding people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

• Advertisement

He looks like a woman in every pic you've posted....

Hahah that's only your perception of him. If you seen him in college, on the street, in a club you would think he was good looking.

Advertisement