Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising methods

Options
  • 23-09-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I am looking to advertise my product to males, 18-30 who are located in the UK & Ireland.

The obvious method is Facebook which I will be implementing soon but that excludes the non facebook users and those that skip over the ads without taking them in which would be the case for regular FB users I would assume.

I was thinking of placing an ad in the Star/Sun as a lot of my target market would get those papers on a Saturday especially for the weekends sport but the cost to advertise in national print media is really out of the budget for a small business.

The product is not suitable for deal websites as discounts cannot be given or sold in bulk.

I'm looking for suggestions how to get the word out there as this product would carry a large word of mouth appeal.

There is scope to run contests for anyone who purchases the product but it would have to be something that would not take up too much of my time to run.

At the moment the best plan seems to be to incentivise people to like my Facebook page.

All advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Facebook is not that obvious... if you want to sell more, I'd recommend AdWords. What's your net profit on each sale? You might be happy with a budget of 5 euro a day or less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Matrix Internet Web Design

arbitrage wrote: »
    I am looking to advertise my product to males, 18-30 who are located in the UK & Ireland.

The obvious method is Facebook which I will be implementing soon but that excludes the non facebook users and those that skip over the ads without taking them in which would be the case for regular FB users I would assume.

I was thinking of placing an ad in the Star/Sun as a lot of my target market would get those papers on a Saturday especially for the weekends sport but the cost to advertise in national print media is really out of the budget for a small business.

The product is not suitable for deal websites as discounts cannot be given or sold in bulk.

I'm looking for suggestions how to get the word out there as this product would carry a large word of mouth appeal.

There is scope to run contests for anyone who purchases the product but it would have to be something that would not take up too much of my time to run.

At the moment the best plan seems to be to incentivise people to like my Facebook page.

All advice appreciated. Thanks.

Hi arbitrage,

Google AdWords would definitely be a good bet. You could put an ad in the paper, spend hundreds if not thousands and not even know if it got you any customers. With AdWords / online marketing you can track everything and only spend small until you know it's giving you a return. I'll shoot you a PM as we have an offer on at the minute on AdWords set-up / management.

Advertisement