Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fourth Kem Kem giant theropod?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Scary scary place. I can't think of many places with a higher volume of things that could eat you (the late Cretaceous inland sea being one).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Scary scary place. I can't think of many places with a higher volume of things that could eat you (the late Cretaceous inland sea being one).

Miocene-Pliocene sea was rather scary as well (Megalodon, killer sperm whales, giant mako, shark-toothed "dolphins", giant killer walruses, sea crocodiles, and even giant sea birds with "teeth" and giant penguins may count if you're afraid of birds XD)

Also, who knows what kind of horrors lived in the deepest sea at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Also, who knows what kind of horrors lived in the deepest sea at the time...
    They're still finding weird ones down there :pac: so who knows what has survived since that period?

the_syco wrote: »
    They're still finding weird ones down there :pac: so who knows what has survived since that period?

True :D

• Advertisement

They named it already. It's called Sauroniops pachytholus. Sauroniops meaning "eye of Sauron".
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk3Sq6fIVOH7F16NNKVgUrb40qJ8VLBpRHqyYmmvuinQB3-ufI

Unfortunately, not even this can change the fact that it's only a measly bone from above the eye socket. So, no one knows what it looked like. Much like Sauron I suposse. But I still hate it when they name things after such miserable remains.

Galvasean wrote: »

Poor Spinosaurus D:

Advertisement