Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to i go about getting an Artic lorry (c) licence

Options
  • 23-09-2012 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hey so im interested in getting a job as an artic lorry driver, but have no idea as to how to get a licence in that catagory i think i need to get a rigid lorry licence first but how do i go about this? and how long does it take to go from a rigid lorry to an artic lorry licence?

EDIT: Title should be a catogory C+E licence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that there are some specific restrictions, like age and what current licence you hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinkerspony

Yes you must have a B licence first then sit the theory test for C and get a provisional licence, then do the driving test on C and when you pass it you can apply straight away for your EC (ARTIC) licence. There is no restriction on the time you must wait between taking the rigid and arctic driving tests just have some lessons and remember to include the CPC as part of the rigid test otherwise you wont be able to drive for a living. This cpc part is straightforward too. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Victor wrote: »
    Note that there are some specific restrictions, like age and what current licence you hold.

Aye i have a full car licence and am mid 20's so i think thats all the restrictions?
    Yes you must have a B licence first then sit the theory test for C and get a provisional licence, then do the driving test on C and when you pass it you can apply straight away for your EC (ARTIC) licence. There is no restriction on the time you must wait between taking the rigid and arctic driving tests just have some lessons and remember to include the CPC as part of the rigid test otherwise you wont be able to drive for a living. This cpc part is straightforward too. Good luck

so i have to sit a theroy test for C and get a provisional and do the test sound, but whats the CPC part? when do i do that also where would i get the study material for it? thank you for your answers so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Advertisement