Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't taze me, Bro? That was a cakewalk.

• 23-09-2012 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

As a Texan, I can't say I've ever really been too fond of our local 'good ole boys'. Don't get me wrong, I understand most officers are just trying to do their job. It's just that when they get it wrong, they can sometimes really get it impossibly, massively, monumentally wrong:

Houston police officer shoots dead double amputee in wheelchair

9/23/2012 7:42:07 AM ET

HOUSTON — A Houston police officer shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair Saturday inside a group home after police say the double amputee threatened the officer and aggressively waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49135371/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.UF90TaqljjA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's only two things that come from Texas. That's steers and queers.

And you shure don't look like no steer to me, boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

You saying he looks like a queer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I don't think that police officer has a leg to stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

This fecker was probably leaching and creaming benefits left, right and centre off the states coffers, one less mouth to feed, mwrahhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

What is your major malfunction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What was he afraid he'd do? Body-pop him?

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Reindeer wrote: »
    can't say I've ever really been too fond of our local 'good ole boys'.

Elwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I saw a guy in a wheelchair punch another guy once, true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Family Guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Family Guy?

Nah, local club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Family Guy?

Nah, hates kids!

Where does the phrase "cakewalk" come from? It doesn't even make sense when you think about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Where does the phrase "cakewalk" come from? It doesn't even make sense when you think about it.

i don't know, but ambling along in anticipation of the big sticky banoffee pie you have set out to collect sounds like an absolute cakewalk in comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Gun > Pen > Sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thats mad and a bit sad. Your man was half armless then most and a more then a little legless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I never use that word, really. But I thought it would be interesting irony in this case of a man in a wheelchair.

1. Something easily accomplished: 'Winning the race was a cakewalk for her'.
    2. A 19th-century public entertainment among African Americans in which walkers performing the most accomplished or amusing steps won cakes as prizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

In my head it's formed from a melding of the two phrases 'a piece of cake' and 'a walk in the park'. A cakewalk being even easier than the sum of its parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I don't think that police officer has a leg to stand on.

Well then he should be the bigger man and walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You all saw it, he came at me with a knife, right?!

Advertisement