Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jam jars and/or jar-tops?

Options
  • 24-09-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where we could get some small jam-jars and lids, or some of the jam-jar seal thingies.

We had a slight domestic disaster tonight: Mr justMary has been getting ready to make jam. Has a set of jars + lids that he put into the oven to sterilize at the same time I baked a cake. But unlike last time he did this, the rubber seals on the lids didn't cope with the heat.

Net result = lids ruined, jars smoke damaged (they'll clean, but we have no lids).

I'm thinking he needs to go shopping in the morning (and the small sized jars he wants won't be cheap.

Any ideas where he'd look????

Comments

almost sure i saw those in Meadows & Byrne's recently. If not there, then Ryan's Homestore are likely to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Supervalu Fr Griffin road have the lids hanging in the baking isle, saw them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 6 SPEED

in tesco you can get the paper style lids with the elastic band for it, they sell them in multipacks !

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Saw some Mason Jars in Tk maxx a few weeks back, they may not be there now, +1 for Anthony Ryans Good luck with it hope it turns out ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gassdfres

GOMIE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I use epackaging.ie for jam jars/caps - they're really friendly and deliver too.
    Alternatively, you could buy small cheap jars of something from Tesco and use them.

(I never put the caps in the oven, I put them in boiling water in a pan).

Good luck to Mr JustMary with his jam making ! :)

V

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thanks guys, sorted at Ryans this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 katieronoco

I just bought jars in Ryan's home stores today, they even had ones on sale saying made with love on the side of the jar, I got those myself to put salsa in!

Advertisement