Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sanctuary lamp in my room.

• 24-09-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

just moved into a new house today near college.
    Theres a red candle shaped light over my be,like the ones in churches whats the deal with this?! Its fixed to the wall and its always on too-no off switch near it.
    will be kind of wierd getting used to it there!
    whats the deal with people having them in houses?

(donno should this be in religion section but figure more people would be here with grannys etc who have them in their homes!) maybe move thread if wrong place to post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

goodspread wrote: »
    just moved into a new house today near college.
    Theres a red candle shaped light over my bed,like the ones in churches whats the deal with this?!

Congratulations - you just moved into a brothel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

That's jepic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

its Gods way of telling you he is watching you masturbate

enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

take out the bulb

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodspread

Sitec wrote: »
    take out the bulb
    ya i might do that tomorrow..see how i get used to it. its only a very faint glow to it, but theres just a thick wire from the fixture to the ceiling so dont think there is anyway to just switch it off.
    Surely someone has them in there parents homes and will see the thread and explain do people leave them on 24/7 all year long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

throw it out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

smash it with a hammer :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Dont want to scare you, but you usually find these in haunted houses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

Some one stole the Sacred Heart of Jesus picture above

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwi5E15yWio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

goodspread wrote: »
    Surely someone has them in there parents homes and will see the thread and explain do people leave them on 24/7 all year long?
    Yes, older people would, but they would normally be in a kitchen / sittingroom / hallway / public area. Don't think I've ever seen one in a bedroom, but possibly it fulfilled a dual function as a nightlight for a child in a previous era ... or could your bedroom once have been a sitting-room or dining-room?

In any case, the simplest solution is, as Sitec said, to take out the bulb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

10er bets someone prob died were you're sleeping only old folks have them lights, sleep tight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

When I was a kid staying in grandparents house I wouldn't go to bed until someone removed one of those from the bedroom.
    After a few years I asked my granny why they had a picture of the devil haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

As a kid I once stayed in a room that had a copy of the shroud of turin hanging over the bed. The window was on the opposite wall. It ****ing terrified me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

A Sacred Heart lamp, common fixture in country houses mostly until ppl stopped beliving in Jebus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Take out the bulb and wire your phone / laptop charger into it, Handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

OP a word of caution - many of these holy light fixtures were wired directly to the mains and stayed on even when the relevant fuse was pulled. (wire running straight to ceiling) Are you paying rent for your accommodation? Electric? Get on to your landlord and tell them you would like the thing removed ASAP. Can you post a photo of the offending article bac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

gozunda wrote: »
    OP a word of caution - many of these holy light fixtures were wired directly to the mains and stayed on even when the relevant fuse was pulled. (wire running straight to ceiling) Are you paying rent for your accommodation? Electric? Get on to your landlord and tell them you would like the thing removed ASAP. Can you post a photo of the offending article bac?

Wired to the mains??? That just shows a lack of faith in the ol' holy ghost / Jesus fella. Spose it might sound strange saying that Jesus has blown his fuse again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I love those things, they've deadly. If you mess with it you'll fail all your exams as well OP.

gozunda wrote: »

Wired to the mains??? That just shows a lack of faith in the ol' holy ghost / Jesus fella. Spose it might sound strange saying that Jesus has blown his fuse again.

See here for other posters experiences of hard wired holy bouby traps :-)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056694798?page=6

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

An auld fella up the road had one of them in his bedroom we where doin a job putting in a new socket in his room .
    We couldent turn the thing off even by killing the main power .
    Turns out he had it hooked up " pre meter " for free electricity and ran his electric fire off it at night .

Put ur finger in the socket and get a mate to try and turn d power off
    Bet yah it won't go off

• Advertisement

I love those things, they've deadly. If you mess with it you'll fail all your exams as well OP.

Haha hillarious

Only if you are doing theology I'd reckon....

Advertisement