Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Tipp... Intra-Tipp travel?

Options
  • 24-09-2012 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've just moved to Thurles for college and need some help. There doesnt seem to be any tipp-to-tipp travel at all! I need to go to Nenagh this saturday to go to specsavers but can seem to find any way to do that. I don't drive and it seems that unless I want to leave tipp, i cant leave thurles.

This cant be right, can it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah there's www.shamrockbuses.com
    It leaves twice a day and is mostly used by pensioners.
    I've never used it but a friend has and apparently it can take up to 1 hr 30 to travel between the towns. (35 mins would be normal for a car) I've cycled the route a few times and it took me less time than that bus.

Edit: also I just noticed my info is too late :o

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

tuxy wrote: »

Yeah just a little bit.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Cerbera wrote: »
    Yeah just a little bit.

:)

It would still be interesting to hear how the OP got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

It would still be interesting to hear how the OP got on.

Hasn't posted since so it doesn't look good :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Yeah there's www.shamrockbuses.com
    It leaves twice a day and is mostly used by pensioners.
    I've never used it but a friend has and apparently it can take up to 1 hr 30 to travel between the towns. (35 mins would be normal for a car) I've cycled the route a few times and it took me less time than that bus.

I would be that "friend" lol haha

I used to have to use that bus alot when I was in collage in Thurles one Saturday Night myself and my friend were on the 6 o clock bus to Thurles. the driver stopped in borrisiligh for half an hour got off the bus with no explanation and left us on it then when we got to Thurles he went to the shop down the Templemore road for bread before dropping us to the square!

The service runs at the worst possible times and will have you no where when you need to be there ie: you could not get from Nenagh to Thurles in time for collage etc.

But it did serve me well for going home for a visit when I had no lift... I think it was about €6 each way and basically only runs for the oaps along the way to collect their money and do the weekly shopping in Nenagh or Thurles.

Advertisement