Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink - O2 Dublin - 12th April 2013

Options
  • 24-09-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Pink announces The Truth About Love tour date for the O2 Dublin on 12th April 2013.

Tickets on sale Friday 28th September 2012 at 9.00am.

Tickets prices 60.45 to 70.45.

Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Over 60e for Pink :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »

Yea was kinda shocked at the price i would have thought she would have been around €45/50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Yea was kinda shocked at the price i would have thought she would have been around €45/50

Ya, fairly steep alright. I'm guessing the production will be pretty big. I brought the girlfriend to see her at Thomand Park in June 2010 and the stage show looked costly.

I reckon this will sell very well, pretty solid base of fans here over the years and radio friendly sing along songs!!

Ya, fairly steep alright. I'm guessing the production will be pretty big. I brought the girlfriend to see her at Thomand Park in June 2010 and the stage show looked costly.

I reckon this will sell very well, pretty solid base of fans here over the years and radio friendly sing along songs!!

Ah yea tbh she is someone i would love to see but wouldnt got to her own show , maybe catch her at a festival . Wonder who much will her outdoor shows cost next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

As above, she brings a proper stage show. She sells out every time she comes here too, last time doing something like 5 shows in North and South then a few big outdoor dates so it's a perfectly fair fee imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Would of been interested if tickets were €45-55 but I prob won't be doing that now, I like P!nk but I don't think she's worth that €20 extra.

Will prob get tickets closer to the date, if not hopefully she'll play EP next year.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Would of been interested if tickets were €45-55 but I prob won't be doing that now, I like P!nk but I don't think she's worth that €20 extra.

Will prob get tickets closer to the date, if not hopefully she'll play EP next year.

I agree that tickets are steep but I'm in no doubt that the higher prices are connected to the stage show which will be travelling on the tour with her.

Not too sure will we see her at EP. My guess would be that she won't appear there. This is how I'd rate her chances of a summer Irish gig:

High Chance:
    Marlay Park
    Phoenix Park gig (35-45k crowd)
    Aviva Stadium

Medium Chance:
    Tennents Vital
    EP
    RDS (played there in 2010)
    Thomand Park (played there in 2010)

Low Chance:
    Oxegen (has played there previously)
    Punchestown Racecourse (she did her own gig there few years back)
    Marquee Cork
    Indiependence (would be a big draw for a rising festival)

No Chance:
    Croke Park (too big and following poor sales there for RHCP this summer, Aviva is much more attractive option for promotors)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As above, she brings a proper stage show. She sells out every time she comes here too, last time doing something like 5 shows in North and South then a few big outdoor dates so it's a perfectly fair fee imo

Oh I've no doubt she brings a huge stage show, but even this is excessive. There is some amount of fleecing the customers going on here, which she wont know about. Unless production eats into amount of possible attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Gigs with Aiken Promotions always seem to be highly priced.

I agree that tickets are steep but I'm in no doubt that the higher prices are connected to the stage show which will be travelling on the tour with her.

Not too sure will we see her at EP. My guess would be that she won't appear there. This is how I'd rate her chances of a summer Irish gig:

High Chance:
    Marlay Park
    Phoenix Park gig (35-45k crowd)
    Aviva Stadium

Medium Chance:
    Tennents Vital
    EP
    RDS (played there in 2010)
    Thomand Park (played there in 2010)

Low Chance:
    Oxegen (has played there previously)
    Punchestown Racecourse (she did her own gig there few years back)
    Marquee Cork
    Indiependence (would be a big draw for a rising festival)

No Chance:
    Croke Park (too big and following poor sales there for RHCP this summer, Aviva is much more attractive option for promotors)

Agree with most of them , i wonder if they dont do Oxegen next year and cant use Pheonix Park would they use Punchestown (as said) for the 1 day events like this year?
    No chance of her doing INDIE she would be way over their budget and with capacity only like 5-7000 she would be too big

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Aviva is much more attractive option for promotors)

Can't say that for sure - we don't know how much rent is being charged by Aviva or Croke Park for concerts.

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Can't say that for sure - we don't know how much rent is being charged by Aviva or Croke Park for concerts.

You're correct in that we don't know what rent is being charged.

My point really related to the fact that promotors would be happier with 50,000 people being at the Aviva stadium (sold out) rather than having 50,000 at Croke Park (over 30,000 unsold tickets).

Looks better for the promotor and means that they won't have to splash crazy amounts of money on last minute tv, radio and newspaper adverts in order to try and shift remaining tickets (i.e RHCP in June). The advertising costs in May/June must have been huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Madonna charged €96, Gaga charged €86, Cheryl Cole is charging €40.

In relative terms, €60 is not excessive, especially considering the fact that Pink sings her entire concerts live, with in incredible voice, as well as performing acrobatics on stage. She's been doing so for ten years. She's a high-quality pop artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Can't wait for this concert. Does any one know how to get pre sale tickets i ain't with o2

carly_86 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this concert. Does any one know how to get pre sale tickets i ain't with o2

Yes, keep an eye on her official website where she is going to announce the dates officially later today. You then get a presale code by RSVP'ing to the facebook event page for the Dublin date.

http://www.pinkspage.com/ie/home
    http://thetruthaboutlovetour.com/

whirlpool wrote: »

Yes, keep an eye on her official website where she is going to announce the dates officially later today. You then get a presale code by RSVP'ing to the facebook event page for the Dublin date.

Once i rsvp do i get the code through an e mail or something. And do i go through ticketmaster to get the presale tickets

Once i rsvp do i get the code through an e mail or something. And do i go through ticketmaster to get the presale tickets

Exact details have not yet been announced. Keep an eye on those pages today.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,626 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Text Pink to 51020 for a code

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Really? What presale is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,626 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really? What presale is that?

O2 priority pre sale

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That would work if i was a o2 customer

HOT TICKET PACKAGE - €190
    One general admission front floor standing ticket with early entry
    VIP entrance
    Exclusive merchandise item
    Collectible laminate
    Onsite event management staff

GOLD HOT SEAT PACKAGE - €330
    One reserved lower loge/tribune seat or reserved rear floor seat
    VIP entrance
    Pre-show hospitality (canapés and beverages)
    Collectible laminate

• Registered Users Posts: 4 weepip83

can anyone help me plz with code for o2 presale dublin for pink?

thank u
    lisa

HOT TICKET PACKAGE - €190
    One general admission front floor standing ticket with early entry
    VIP entrance
    Collectible laminate

GOLD HOT SEAT PACKAGE - €330
    One reserved lower loge/tribune seat or reserved rear floor seat
    VIP entrance
    Pre-show hospitality (canapés and beverages)
    Collectible laminate

hi

are you able to help me plz with the o2 presale code for pink?

i am an o2 customer but not giving me priority for dublin - not happy as i have hotel already bookd

thank u
    lisa

hi,

are u on o2 network? plz help me

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

anyone get tickets??
    pre sale sold out

i got presale - yaaaay

Well none of this materialised after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

weepip83 wrote: »
    hi,

are u on o2 network? plz help me

stop spamming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

anyone get tickets? sold out in 2 minutes this morning. still waiting on another date..... she added more dates in the uk but none her yet. cat wait.

Advertisement