Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer did not like me: No welfare now

Options
  • 24-09-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My employer let me go. It was a group of old fashioned women who didn't like me from the outset, it started with undue "meetings" and constant pulling me aside to tell me what I'm doing "wrong" and that my corporate-wear made me look like I was seeking male attention etc. I've 5 years of working experience and this is the first time I was ever treated like that.

I made a complaint to the director, who passed it on to the manager (who is friends with the women in question - I explained this to him)

I was there under 6 months so they got rid of me before I would have had rights. HR Manager works closely with the two women who were involved in most of it. She let me know this and that my complaints were not being upheld. She said she was terminating my contract instead.

She went on to send me a form to say the exams I completed I had failed (I was called 3 days before this and told that I had passed), that she is using that as an excuse as to why I was let go. I got them to give me a letter for the SW for JSB. And the SW are suspicious now about why I was let go. The officer said that "a company cannot just let you go because they don't like you, are you telling me the truth?Did you pass their exams". I told them everything and the said the reasons I have given are not sufficient to justify why I was let go, given that I passed the exams and did not commit any gross misconduct.

Problem is, the HR manager and area manager in this company do not like me. And if they try to make out that I was in any way to blame for getting let go, I will not have any money for 9 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If your application for JSB is declined or you're put on 9-week standdown, then I'd suggest visiting Citizen's Information and asking them how to appeal the decision. I suspect you'd get a more favourable hearing at appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Equality

In addition, claim your money from the Community Welfare Officer while you are waiting for Social Welfare to decide your claim - if the CWO refuses to pay you, appeal this also.

Advertisement