Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook problems

Options
  • 24-09-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

Just wondering if you could give me some help?

I work in a small office, and we have the email set up so that the two computers we use receive the same email. However recently I have started missing emails, as in they just wont come through on my machine.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Hi Les,

What version of Outlook are you using ?
    Are all emails missing from the second computer or only some types ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

Hi Dulchie,

It's outlook 2007. I only seem to get certain messages on my machine.

It's rather frustrating! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

There are a number of possibilities

1. Your second machine is filtering the emails only allowing certain types, can be caused by a Microsoft update.

2. Your first machine is set to delete emails either as soon as they are downloaded or a set number of days later before you have an opportunity to download them onto your second machine.

Can you examine the inbox of both machines to see if there is a pattern of missing emails ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

I think it could be the first one because up until recently everything was working perfectly.

I have updated my machine (not sure about the other one), is there a way to delete the update that is causing the problem?

thanks for your help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Les,
    To stop any update in Outlook is not final solution for missing mails. First of all, check the location of PST file in your local disk. Any accidentally deletion of some PST files can be resulted as absence of mail items from inbox.

However, you can find deleted or missing mails with a PST repair software. You can see more about this utility from http://outlook-troubleshooting-tips.blogspot.in/2013/03/have-you-ever-used-utility-for-recovery.html

Regards :
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement