Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 week old teething

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

my 15 week old has been teething since he was 10 weeks and he hasn't been too bad until the other night , with piercing screams of crying which was unbearable. teetha gel and powder doesn't work, calpol doesn't work and nurofen for babies doesn't work and he cant use bonjella yet . has anyone any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Have you tried amber bracelet or necklace. I seen it on another forum here and got it for my lil one when she started. We got the bracelet and put it on her ankle. Still need teetha sometimes but not that often and only needed calpol once when she cut her first tooth at 19 weeks. I do believe it works, for a few days we couldnt find it (dad left it in her sock) and she was crying needing more teetha and calpol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are you sure it's teething? Not wind, hunger, constipation, overtired, or anything else? Is there a temperature?

If calpol and neurofen doesn't work, it sounds unlikely to be teething pain.

My own got her first tooth at 8 weeks, so I know they can get them early, but there was certainly nothing like the screaming you are describing from it. Harder to settle, certainly, but no screaming.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would also wonder if it was teetthing because the calpol and neurofen would kill the pain.
    Poor little pet, see if a warm bath or massaging his back helps him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

seems a bit early for teething, sounds more like trapped wind...if the calpol or neurofen isnt working OP then its more than likely wind, warm baths, make sure bottles are also warm when giving them and lots of bicycle movement with the legs to help release the wind

how are the bowls moving, as they can tend to get constipated also so a little brown sugar in water helps to get things moving

if however you have tried all this and still no relief then maybe a trip to the gp just to be on the safe side

my heart goes out to you OP I spent many a night with a hysterical baby, sweating myself as it was just terrible and it was all down to wind, its just something you have to ride out together unfortunately best of luck with it

Advertisement