Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning To Move To Canada

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey guys im planning to work in canada next year for 1 year i have a friend over there that could help me get work,
    but what i want to know is how much do you guys think it would cost 1 person to go over for a year,that includes flights,workers permit,things like that let me know please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Hey guys im planning to work in canada next year for 1 year i have a friend over there that could help me get work,
    but what i want to know is how much do you guys think it would cost 1 person to go over for a year,that includes flights,workers permit,things like that let me know please

Not familiar with your situation but i presume by the way you are talking that your job is not sending you over?

I think you might be better not putting all your eggs in one basket as you may not get a VISA yet - The 2013 visas will be coming out before the end of the year. See how you get on with that before you worry about money etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RyanKelly001

but in general id like to know how much just for one person to go over,its just a question that has been in my head for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Off the top of my head.. (not sure how accurate it is)

Visa (100)
    Flights (One way ~500)
    Minimum requirement in your account (2000) - You would definitely need more in case you dont get a job straight away and/or need to put a months deposit on apartment etc.

I would not go without 5000/6000 personally in my account after flights/insurance etc were sorted but thats just me being cautious. Some people migth go with 3000/4000

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

if youre already setup with work and will have money coming in shortly after you move then, i dont think youd need anymore than the required $3000

Advertisement