Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Queries & Plan Change

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I was recently checking my online banking and thought it strange that there was no DD for the last few months.

Then checking up my online billing I've discovered that the bill before last was in credit due to a "correction on previous readings" of over €100.

Also for the last few bills I havent been charged for day units at all, only night units.

I was hoping you could check this all out as I'd prefer to sort it now rather then have any error(s) be spotted further down the line, and be hit with a massive bill that I can't afford.

Also, can you remind me how I would go about changing my price plan.
    I'm currently being billed as Nightsaver, but I'm 99% sure I requested a change to standard one a while back, as with my day-heavy usage the Nightsaver one was costing me more via standing charges

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi the groutch,

Do you know if many of the previous readings were estimates? The best thing to do is to send me your details via private message (your full name, address, contact number and date of birth) and also if you can include up-to-date meter readings that would be great.
    Also, can you remind me how I would go about changing my price plan.
    I'm currently being billed as Nightsaver, but I'm 99% sure I requested a change to standard one a while back, as with my day-heavy usage the Nightsaver one was costing me more via standing charges

Just to be aware, there is a charge for reverting to the standard meter (latest charge details here). I would recommend reviewing your usage patterns and seeing if you can get more out of the cheaper night rates before switching back. Have you an immersion/electric shower, or storage heating? In general, you would only need to use about 3 units on average at the night rate in every 24 hour period to offset the increased day unit rate and standing charge. Above that and you're in savings territory. Have a look at this link which may help:

What is one unit?

Details of our available price plans can be found here. As an existing electricity customer, you can get up to 6% off our standard rates if you sign up to direct debit and online billing. There is an additional 3% saving to be made against our standard electricity rates if you also have gas with us (and for gas we offer 6% off the Bord Gáis Energy gas unit rates).

If you need any more help just let me know.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement