Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not paid yet!

• 24-09-2012 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey all,

Just a quick query. I am an NQT and have been working a fixed-term substitution contract since the start of this school year but I have not yet been paid.

I have spoken to a few people in the school here and they have advised that I ring the department as they have been paid.

Could anyone shed some light on why I have not been paid (if indeed there is a specific reason and it is not a mistake in the dept)?

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

jsmscork wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just a quick query. I am an NQT and have been working a fixed-term substitution contract since the start of this school year but I have not yet been paid.

I have spoken to a few people in the school here and they have advised that I ring the department as they have been paid.

Could anyone shed some light on why I have not been paid (if indeed there is a specific reason and it is not a mistake in the dept)?

Thanks all :)

First things first, go into the office/payroll dept in your school and ask have accounts got the right bank account details, PPS no etc for you, then ask what hours have been submitted for you, they should have all this to hand.

Then ring post-primary payroll in Athlone, (if you are post-primary, you didn't say) on 090 648 4161, with your PPS no to hand and they'll direct you from there. Most teachers have go some sort of pay by now. Remember, you must be registered with the Teaching Council this year to get paid, double check this too. Good luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

It may be that your school was waiting to see if your hours were being sanctioned. I know I haven't gotten paid yet for that reason. Will be getting back pay with the next pay check. Make sure your tax credits are in order otherwise you'll be taxed like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Also check that the medical you did was okay. I didn't get paid for the first 3 months I taught because I never got a BCG injection when i was a baby!! I couldn't get paid until i got them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Also check that the medical you did was okay. I didn't get paid for the first 3 months I taught because I never got a BCG injection when i was a baby!! I couldn't get paid until i got them.

What? I never heard of this! What type of teacher are you? Primary? I never got the BCG and no one ever mentioned anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

dory wrote: »
    What? I never heard of this! What type of teacher are you? Primary? I never got the BCG and no one ever mentioned anything about it.

Secondary. Officially I failed my medical as it was one of the things the doctor had to tick off so payroll couldn't pay me. Now I'm talking 15 years ago. It possibly has changed since. But I'll never forget those 12 odd weeks without money. Straight out of college and I was broke. Mind you I can't remember much of that Christmas as I got the back pay all in one go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

When I started on my first contract it took until mid October to get paid...this has happened with many new teachers to our school since I have been there so its quite common,it takes them a while to get new people set up on the pay roll...give them a ring and they will be able to tell you when you will get paid...0906 474621

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

Thanks everyone. The school secretary gave the dept a ring and my pay was just delayed.... start of new year is always hectic in the payroll division apparently.

Can look forward to a lovely Oct 4th!!

Advertisement