Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade Shows, Events etc

Options
  • 24-09-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I know I've just missed trade show week but how does one stay informed of shows events etc that are relevant to retail? I'd like to expand my list of contracts, see what companies are out there etc. How do you keep informed of all the shows that are in the RDS and other places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

did you ever get any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

For a start, contact the event organiser and ask to be put on their mailing list.

Do you receive and read the trade press for your industry? Any future events should be mentioned in there. If you don't, again get in contact with the publishers and if they're controlled circulation (free to relevant people) get on the mailing list. If they're paid-for, consider taking out a subscription. Every trade mag should have a sister website, check that out for future events.

Another route is through trade bodies. If you are a member of any, do they have a magazine/website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Advertisement