Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New VISA Debit Card Design?

Options
  • 24-09-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

Did i see right; there is a new VISA Debit Card Design?

It looks slightly different, with the "Wireless-Payments" Symbol being at the top right hand corner instead of beside the chip.

just wondering why this was changed?

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the question.

There are a number of Visa Debit Cards that have different designs and this depends on the account type that the card is related to.

Visa Debit Business Cards, Visa Debit Student Cards and Standard Visa Debit Cards are all slightly different to each other. Some customers might have more that one account type and the difference in the card makes it easier to recognise the card type.

Thanks again for the query.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the question.

There are a number of Visa Debit Cards that have different designs and this depends on the account type that the card is related to.

Visa Debit Business Cards, Visa Debit Student Cards and Standard Visa Debit Cards are all slightly different to each other. Some customers might have more that one account type and the difference in the card makes it easier to recognise the card type.

Thanks again for the query.

Billy

Thanks for the reply Billy.

The reason I ask is, I've recenty switched BOI account holding branch, and while doing this i switched from a graduate account to a student account.

With the graduate account, I had the standard blue coloured VISA Debit Card, with contactless payments enabled.

Now, with my new student account, I got issued with a new blue-green coloured VISA Debit, with NO contactless payment feature.

With the old card , I used the contactless feature a fair bit, here in dublin.

Would it be possible to re order a NEW card, with 1) the standard card design and 2) get one with the contactless feature enabled?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Rob,

The design of the cards themselves would be linked to the type of account you have. It may not be possible to change the design of the card you receive. Some Third Level Visa Debit cards do have the contactless option. As all applications for a change of Visa Debit cards would be dealt with on a case by case basis, I wouldn't be able to give you a definite answer here as to whether you will definitely be eligible for a change of card type. I would advise you to get in touch with your new branch and a staff member would be happy to assist you.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement