Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business cash management

Options
  • 24-09-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows of any good books, or websites that deal with the banking side of running a business? Id like to learn a bit more about how best to organise the cash the business makes and what to do with profit.

Id also like to understand a bit more how the owner of a business actually increases personal wealth. Is it through a wage? Bonus at end of year? Using profit to invest?

Id be super happy if someone could point me in the right direction as its a side of business that i am really interested in, and will also have to know more about when i become a business owner next year. (fingers crossed)

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I know you will say this is obvious, but first and foremost is to keep the sales and the cash coming in regularly. If you can do that in this mother of all recessions, the rest will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

professore wrote: »
    I know you will say this is obvious, but first and foremost is to keep the sales and the cash coming in regularly. If you can do that in this mother of all recessions, the rest will follow.

Ha yea good point:) But i still need to do some sort of cash flow plan, and until i know how im getting paid (if at all) i cant do that. Apart from all that, it is a side of businees i find interesting anyway and id like to learn more.

Advertisement