Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring someone else's cat

• 24-09-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Well, not quite someone else's but I am going away and a friend has kindly offered to mind the cat.

I am wondering can I insure it, even though they will be the de facto owner and going to the vets and all that. Or should I just pay them what it costs for them to take out the insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Do you have insurance already? If so then get on to your provider; it may be possible to just transfer the policy into the other person's name.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

kylith wrote: »
    Do you have insurance already? If so then get on to your provider; it may be possible to just transfer the policy into the other person's name.

Definitely ask the insurance company, whether you already have a policy or not: the last thing you want is for there to be a problem if a claim needs to be made, just because it wasn't made clear who owns the cat! Insurance companies will often try to not pay on a technicality, and for the sake of making a call to the insurers, could be easily avoided!

Advertisement