Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What iPhone 5 model are you getting?

• 24-09-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭

I currently have the iPhone 4S - White & 16GB :)

Going for a 16GB Black & Slate this time around. Tempted to move to the 32GB but can't justify it.

You? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got a 32GB White 5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Going to go for the black 32gb myself, have a 16gb 4S at the moment and it is just about full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

White 16GB I think. Don't need the 32GB, I've never used the iPhone for movies other than just to play around with. The iCloud and Music Match stuff makes the larger capacity even less necessary IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Black 64Gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

White 16gig.. Was thinking of going up to 32gig but just need to delete some music which I hardly ever listen to on it anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

kceire wrote: »
    Got a 32GB White 5 :D

+1

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I currently have the iPhone 4S - White & 16GB :)

Going for a 16GB Black & Slate this time around. Tempted to move to the 32GB but can't justify it.

You? :D

You can justify getting a new phone but not an extra 16gb :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When an extra 16GB is €100 (instead of the €12 you'd pay for a 16B USB stick) then you really do need to justify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dades wrote: »
    When an extra 16GB is €100 (instead of the €12 you'd pay for a 16B USB stick) then you really do need to justify it.

It is quite ridiculous how much the price differs between 16&32gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

16GB of storage is not worth E100.

iCloud & iTunes Match should cover me. I'll keep photo's and films on my iPad anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

So you'll just get extra memory when you run out I guess .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I always go for the middle one. 8GB 3G, 16GB iP4. So if I do go buy this one, it'll be the 32GB. I've been at the limit of my 16GB iP4 for about a year now, so having twice the memory will be a big bonus. Nothing worse than having to delete apps just to make room for updates.

Piliger wrote: »
    So you'll just get extra memory when you run out I guess .......
    No, like with every iPhone I've ever had, I'll delete crap I never use. I don't watch videos or insist on having my entire music collection physically in my pocket, and even if I did now we have iCloud.

I've TBs of storage at home, in the office, and in the Cloud... for that money I don't need to duplicate everything in my pocket, too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No, like with every iPhone I've ever had, I'll delete crap I never use. I don't watch videos or insist on having my entire music collection physically in my pocket, and even if I did now we have iCloud.

I've TBs of storage at home, in the office, and in the Cloud... for that money I don't need to duplicate everything in my pocket, too.

Big plus 1

I'll upgrade from a 4 to a 5 in a few weeks time once the panic is over and i can walk in and get one, hassle free.

Black or white - meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Hope to get a black 32 GB one on Friday if Vodafone have them (not looking to hopeful considering they have no info on it today)
    Currently have a black 32GB 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have a 32GB black iPhone 4. I'll be upgrading to a 64GB Black iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bikeguy

Think il go for a white 32gb better to be safe than sorry must wait and see for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

White 32gig :)

I'm hearing rumours of severe shortages of stock of the 5 lads. It will be dog eat dog on Friday :(

Glad I got mine last week now :D

Ps. Best of luck to anybody queuing up for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Crossing fingers I get confirmation of a 32GB White one tomorrow. Black if need be and 16GB then if neither of the above are possible. Going with white to avoid the scuffs.

• Advertisement

I'm hearing rumours of severe shortages of stock of the 5 lads. It will be dog eat dog on Friday :(

Glad I got mine last week now :D

Ps. Best of luck to anybody queuing up for one.

anyone know if vodafone shops will be stocking the iphone 5 on friday?

bikeguy wrote: »
    anyone know if vodafone shops will be stocking the iphone 5 on friday?

They will be but very limited stock levels is what im hearing from an employee of a fruit named company.

They will be but very limited stock levels is what im hearing from an employee of a fruit named company.
    Do we know when they'll know the stock numbers? My local VF told me they won't take any pre-orders until they know what stock they'll have - and he had no idea when they'd get that info!

Contrast with two other VF shops, one of whom took my name to call me on Thursday to see if I wanted a phone, and the other that said it's totally first-come-first-served on Friday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Buying a phone from Orange would be of no use to me anyway as I am here in Ireland most the time and I'd have to pay roaming charges permanently, so I'm not too worried about their stock levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

This is the iPhone thread, I have no interest in getting a Blackberry, I heard they are crap.

tunedout wrote: »
    Buying a phone from Orange would be of no use to me anyway as I am here in Ireland most the time and I'd have to pay roaming charges permanently, so I'm not too worried about their stock levels.
    tunedout wrote: »
    This is the iPhone thread, I have no interest in getting a Blackberry, I heard they are crap.

Thanks for that valuable piece of infomation ;)

Sorry for hijacking this thread but whats the story with the nano sims will i lose my contacts?

Can't you back your contacts up first? Every phone has a way of doing that I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

32gb black, downgrading from a 64gb white.

haven't even filled half my 64gb on my 4s, being an early iphone 4gb adopter in 2007 has made me learn that i don't need ALL my music with me. now with itunes match and an unlimited data connection i can leave more music at home.

going back to black as the white just doesn't look as nice now. also with my white 4S, a circle of dirt constantly formed around my home button. At least with the black model i won't see it as much :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bikeguy wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but whats the story with the nano sims will i lose my contacts?
    If you currently have an iPhone, then your contacts are stored on your phone and will be restored onto the new phone when you do a restore.

If you don't have an iphone, then the shop should be able to copy your contacts onto the nano SIM, and from there you can copy them to your iPhone.

Advertisement