Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring a cat over 8yo

• 24-09-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Been looking to get my cat insured, he's a domestic short hair and he's just over 8 years old. Everyone I've contacted so far says they won't start a new policy for a cat over 8 years. Do you know an organisation that would?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd say it'll be impossible to get cover due to the increased age-related risks. I tried to insure my cat at the same age in the UK. Even though she'd never been ill and had only been to the vet for boosters, no insurance company would take the risk.

You might be better off opening a CU or savings account to pay for the cat's care TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

AFAIK 123.ie will insure pets over the age of 8 at commencement of the policy

Advertisement