If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips NP100 Internet Radio not working

Options
  • 24-09-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    I bought a Philips NP1100 Internet Radio from your Philips shop in Dublin while that shop was still open.

Recently I have been trying to use the NP1100 again for internet radio. However no matter how many times I try, I always get the message:

"Internet radio server is not available at the moment. Please try later."

I get the same message if I try to re-register the NP1100.

If I try to update the software, I get the message:

"Unable to update at this moment. Please try again later."

Currently the NP1100 displays:
    Software version = 5.1.26.46
    Hardware version = 1.0.0.0
    Bootloader version = 5.13

The internet connection seems to be OK. I've tried both wireless and wired connections.

Any ideas how I can get the NP1100 Internet Radio back working?

Thanks,
    Donas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Donas.

Cheers for the post and sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Unfortunately this isn't a model that we have stocked in Belfast so I'm not terribly familiar with the unit.

When you say that the unit is connected to the internet, what internet or streaming features are working for you ?

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 24 donas

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding.

None of the internet radio features is currently working on the NP1100.

I did some further checking last night. To make absolutely sure that the NP1100 actually had a working internet connection, I monitored the NP1100 for requests it was sending to the internet and any responses it received back. It is connecting to the internet properly.

It is trying to connect to two Philips addresses:

http://www.ecdinterface.philips.com/perl/ecdav
    -- This returned a 404 error i.e. File or directory not found on that server.

http://download.streamium.com/perl/ecddownload
    -- This returned a 500 error i.e. The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

The above would seem to suggest as a first step asking Philips to check if these servers are still running correctly.
    The Philips model internet radio that preceded the NP1100, i.e. the SLA5520 did have a lot of Server related problems, that Philips did eventually sort out. So maybe there is something similar happening here with the NP1100.

I hope that all of the above makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Donas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Donas.

I suspect that it's an issue with the Philips server but Philips could not let me know if this was the cause.

They have asked me to get you to update the firmware as there is a much later version.

I suspect that you are not able to do this also as the update has to be done online, which of course you cannot do.

They can check a number of things with you but they need you to be at the unit to check.

If you can call them on 0818 210141 they can run through some things with you.

Please give them a call and let me know how you get on, but I'm still suspecting their addresses.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the contact details for Philips.

Everything worked out fine in the end. I'm listening to the internet radio now. It took some perseverance to get my points across to Philips, but once they seemed to take them on board they emailed me a set of instructions that worked out fine.

So thanks for taking the time,
    Donas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nastyswap

donas wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Everything worked out fine in the end. I'm listening to the internet radio now. It took some perseverance to get my points across to Philips, but once they seemed to take them on board they emailed me a set of instructions that worked out fine.

Donas.
    I have the same issue with my NP1100 (Software version: 5.4.30.76) and is very intrested how you did to fix this issue?

Philips supportpage for the NP1100 tells me to download the file [font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Software Upgrade [/font][font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]version:Ver5.4.30.76, zip file , 65.6 kB, published 27 August 2009 [/font] but all there is in that zip-archive is an PDF-file giving instructions for how to update the NP1100 using philips servers. 

There is no binary file that can be uploaded to the unit using a ethernet cable.

Hope someone have a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Nastyswap,

Welcome to Boards.ie and the Richersounds forum. As a new user on Boards, please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum and check out the Boards FAQ  which will help you use the forums enjoyably.

This thread has not been updated since 2012, but I appreciate that you have a particular query in this case - someone from a Richersounds will be along to try to help you in due course.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Nastyswap wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Donas.
    I have the same issue with my NP1100 (Software version: 5.4.30.76) and is very intrested how you did to fix this issue?

Philips supportpage for the NP1100 tells me to download the file [font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Software Upgrade [/font][font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]version:Ver5.4.30.76, zip file , 65.6 kB, published 27 August 2009 [/font] but all there is in that zip-archive is an PDF-file giving instructions for how to update the NP1100 using philips servers. 

There is no binary file that can be uploaded to the unit using a ethernet cable.

Hi donas,

Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately the instructions are not something I would have to hand as the original thread is from before my time working here!

If you give Philips support a ring though they may be able to help you with your issue!

If you give Philips Ireland a call on 01 5245448

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards

David.

Hi Dave,

Donas.

Hi donas,

Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately the instructions are not something I would have to hand as the original thread is from before my time working here!

If you give Philips support a ring though they may be able to help you with your issue!

Kind regards

David.
    I have a +10 email-thread going on with Philips support, but everyone of them is suggesting that I should download the software-upgrade from the official NP1100-site. And I have time after time tried to tell them that there is NO binaryfile in the zip-archive. There is only a PDF-document with instructions how to update the software from the NP1100 menus.

They have confirmed that the streamiumservers still is online and that the NP1100 should be working. When I ask for a firmware-upgrade-file to upload to the NP1100 webb-based interface using a ethernetcable I time after time is told to go to the official NP1100-site. 

It's all a big catch22

When i tell them that there is ONLY a pdf-file in the official firmware-update, they advice me to contact microsoft because my computer blocks the file. But there IS NO FILE that being blocked it's just that PDF-file.

Reading here that donas got this sorted out, made me hope that he would see this thread and tell what he did to get the internet radio working.

Best regards Nastyswap  

Hi Dave,

Donas.

Hi donas,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David.
    I have a +10 email-thread going on with Philips support, but everyone of them is suggesting that I should download the software-upgrade from the official NP1100-site. And I have time after time tried to tell them that there is NO binaryfile in the zip-archive. There is only a PDF-document with instructions how to update the software from the NP1100 menus.

They have confirmed that the streamiumservers still is online and that the NP1100 should be working. When I ask for a firmware-upgrade-file to upload to the NP1100 webb-based interface using a ethernetcable I time after time is told to go to the official NP1100-site. 

It's all a big catch22

When i tell them that there is ONLY a pdf-file in the official firmware-update, they advice me to contact microsoft because my computer blocks the file. But there IS NO FILE that being blocked it's just that PDF-file.

Reading here that donas got this sorted out, made me hope that he would see this thread and tell what he did to get the internet radio working.

Best regards Nastyswap  
    Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance Nastyswap!

Let me know if you do get it sorted with Philips!

Kind regards

David

Hi Dave,

Donas.

Hi Nastyswap,

I'm out of action at present due to a bug/infection. If you don't mind waiting a few days, I can check if I have anything of use to you when I get back on my feet.
    Regards,
    Donas.

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Donas.

Hi Nastyswap,

I'm out of action at present due to a bug/infection. If you don't mind waiting a few days, I can check if I have anything of use to you when I get back on my feet.
    Regards,
    Donas.
    Hope your feeling better soon Donas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If i could add something as having issues with updating other items has your router got a blocking on that device to not let it connect to the internet as sometimes simple things can get over looked.

If i could add something as having issues with updating other items has your router got a blocking on that device to not let it connect to the internet as sometimes simple things can get over looked.

Forgot to ask if you tried updating from a different place/house.

Hi Dave,

Donas.

Hi Nastyswap,

Regards,
    Donas.
    That Sounds great

Get well 

/Nastyswap

greasepalm wrote: »

Forgot to ask if you tried updating from a different place/house.
    Hello Greasepalm

Yes i have tried with two different routers and also by using my mobile as a WiFi hotspot but with no luck.

/Nastyswap 

Hi Nastyswap,

I went back to check what I had downloaded when I had a problem. I was only supplied (and needed) the pdf instructions. If you don't use the NP1100 for a long while, it loses its connection. This is what I did to get it working. My own NP1100 needed "refreshing", so I repeated what folllows on my own unit last night.

Make sure you have a fully working connection from the NP1100 to your router. You can configure this via the NP1100 for wired or wireless via the unit's "Settings" menu.

Follow the instructions in the PDF about updating the software on the NP1100 by navigating its menus. If all goes well you should reach a message "Update is available. Do you want to update your device now?". Just click on this and the update will begin.

When I tried this last night, I didn't immediately get the message above. Instead I got a message like "Server not available at the moment, try again later". At this point I did nothing. I just left the NP1100 alone. When I came back later the NP1100 had downloaded the software and updated itself and radio channels were available.

Unfortunately this morning when I retried I got an "Internet server is not available" message. This would seem to point towards a problem at the Philips server end, since I was able to get on last night. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help than this.

Regards,
    Donas.

Hi Nastyswap,

I went back to check what I had downloaded when I had a problem. I was only supplied (and needed) the pdf instructions. If you don't use the NP1100 for a long while, it loses its connection. This is what I did to get it working. My own NP1100 needed "refreshing", so I repeated what folllows on my own unit last night.

Make sure you have a fully working connection from the NP1100 to your router. You can configure this via the NP1100 for wired or wireless via the unit's "Settings" menu.

Follow the instructions in the PDF about updating the software on the NP1100 by navigating its menus. If all goes well you should reach a message "Update is available. Do you want to update your device now?". Just click on this and the update will begin.

When I tried this last night, I didn't immediately get the message above. Instead I got a message like "Server not available at the moment, try again later". At this point I did nothing. I just left the NP1100 alone. When I came back later the NP1100 had downloaded the software and updated itself and radio channels were available.

Unfortunately this morning when I retried I got an "Internet server is not available" message. This would seem to point towards a problem at the Philips server end, since I was able to get on last night. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help than this.

Regards,
    Donas.
    Thanks Donas. Hope you find a solution Nastyswap!

My take on what you said is you are trying to connect to server for an update and cannot connect but box is on latest firmware?

I have a roberts istream which needs an internet connection to source the channels via lan cable or wifi.

Does your box show a working/connected ip address i wonder thinking maybe not.

Can you scan your network on pc to see whats connected as it should show your box.

All.

You could perhaps try contacting Philips technical team to see if they might have a solution?

Kenny.

Hi Nastyswap,

Regards,
    Donas.
    Thank you for your support Donas. I have tried this, but since i am already on the latest firmware v 5.4.30.76 my NP1100 will probably not find any softwareupdate. I only get the "Unable to update at this moment. Please try again later". 

Since I love to listen to various internet radio stations I have decided to ditch the Philips NP1100 and also replace my old Yamaha receiver with a new Yamaha MusicCast R-N402D receiver that have streaming music services and internet radio built in. It's working perfect and I can browse and select any Internet radio station from the MusicCast Controller app on my smartphone.

So my problem is solved and I got some new gear to play with :-)

But still it's kind of frustrating that the NP1100 just stopped working. I guess the problem is with Philips servers and not the NP1100.

Anyway, a big thank you for your time and help.

Best regards nastyswap 

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    My take on what you said is you are trying to connect to server for an update and cannot connect but box is on latest firmware?

I have a roberts istream which needs an internet connection to source the channels via lan cable or wifi.

Does your box show a working/connected ip address i wonder thinking maybe not.

Can you scan your network on pc to see whats connected as it should show your box.
    Hello greasepalm

I have connected it with both WiFi and ethernet-cable and i can see the web-interface on NP1100. My router see the NP1100 and it has full access to the internet.

/nastyswap 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Nastyswap.

You should drop the Philips tech team an email to see if Philips might have dropped the support for internet radio on the product.

Hope you enjoying your NEW kit ;)

Hey Nastyswap.

You should drop the Philips tech team an email to see if Philips might have dropped the support for internet radio on the product.

Hello Kenny

I have contacted the support in Sweden and they say that the NP1100 should work. 

/Nastyswap

Back to using the lan cable is the port flashing when connected up and have you disabled the wifi.Might you be able to post a picture of network settings just to prove it has an ip address.Do these need to be setup in location for internet use.

Hey Nastyswap.

Hello Kenny

I have contacted the support in Sweden and they say that the NP1100 should work. 

/Nastyswap
    Hey NastySwap.

It is possible that has went faulty.

Kenny.

Hey Nastyswap.

Hello Kenny

/Nastyswap
    Hey NastySwap.

Kenny.
    Hi all,

I've been briefly checking the NP1100 each evening. Usually no joy, but last night it was working again and is still working now. So it might be worth your while rechecking your own NP1100. (You might have to run the update software option first). I made no change to any settings to get it to work.

Regards,
    Donas.

Hey Nastyswap.

Hello Kenny

/Nastyswap
    Hey NastySwap.

Kenny.
    Hi all,

I've been briefly checking the NP1100 each evening. Usually no joy, but last night it was working again and is still working now. So it might be worth your while rechecking your own NP1100. (You might have to run the update software option first). I made no change to any settings to get it to work.

Regards,
    Donas.
    Cheers for letting us know Donas :)

Kenny.

Can you both check on what version your software is on as if different or current ones might be of help to each other.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.