Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My dog Knocked a woman over ??

• 24-09-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I brought my dog out for a walk as i do every afternoon on a stretch of grass beside our house the dog is off the lead because she needs a good run every day. at the top of the green a woman came in with her dog and the both ran at each other to play they ran around in circles around the woman and my dog knocked her over,
    we brought her to the doctors she might have a broken foot but we carried her under her tow legs and it seemed fine.

1 Question : am i liable to pay if both dogs were off the lead and the were playing NOT FIGHTING.

2 Question : if she doesnt have a dog license i shouldnt have to pay cause she is breaking the law.

Thanks in advance

Keith 4594
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 keith4594

BUMP even a discussion on what to do??

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

You and your property caused a not insignificant injury to a lady in a public place. The quantum of an award for a broken foot is quite high. You can't seek or get legal advice here. Talk to a solicitor and notify your pet or home insurer if that scenario is covered.

A regrettable incident undoubtedly but one for which you may end up with a sizeable payment out over.

Now, I've closed the thread lest there be any issues over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Maybe give it a bit more then 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

No legal advice can be given as both questions ask a legal question, no advice can be given as per the charter.

If she issues legal proceedings seek legal advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement