Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you on Facebook, twitter or not?

• 24-09-2012 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Leading on from the Facebook thread earlier thought it might be interesting to see if anyone (like me) is not on "the Face" or tweeting.

Facebook,twitter, both or neither 102 votes

I'm on Facebook
    0% 0 votes
    I'm on twitter
    29% 30 votes
    I'm on both
    12% 13 votes
    Not on either
    57% 59 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Have accounts on both....never used, set up while drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've never heard of this 'not' one. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Only FB and that's just because its a handy way of keeping in touch with my family who all live overseas. I wouldn't be bothered otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

set up a twitter years ago, don't log in too often. i do use facebook even though it annoys me a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Twitter, facebook, own websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am on twitter for the last few years and really enjoy it, Great way of keeping in touch with breaking news and enjoy the interaction, these days, I find forums so dull and incredibly slow, in comparison to twitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Have both, don't think fb will last much longer though, the ads all over my home page are wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

On twitter for business reasons, great tool. Left FB a long time ago, best thing I ever did. Last thing I want to do is line Zuckerbergs pockets with my personal info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Am on neither.

Every so often I think about setting up a Facebook account but never actually get around to doing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

My mother's on something called Witter. It's a non-digital OS that allow users to talk for hours about the minutiae of everyday topics and saviour each moment of mundane local news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'm on twitter, I think its great for breaking news, sports stories, and getting to see what your friends & favourite actors/sports stars/celebrities are getting up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Facebook is much more of a marketing tool these days. It's all people liking their favourite corporate crap. No interest. Burn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddywizbang

nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

both, but only really follow people on twitter and use it for work, rarely post on there. facebook im on a lot but thats handy for keeping in touch with people abroad and there's a few sites and services that have facebook pages so is easier to contact them that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Neither. Can't understand people having hundreds and hundreds of friends on Facebook, if they met most of them on the street, they wouldn't know each other, or try to avoid each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I've accounts set up with both twitter & facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

I don't have an account on either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm not on either. I don't care what other people are saying and I have no delusions as to the quality of my own conversation either.

I just spam boards, that's enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'm on Nimble and Myspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Omackeral wrote: »

'Not' is based on Google+, but is actually more popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

buck65 wrote: »
    interesting to see if anyone (like me) is not on "the Face"

Is this a thing now? Who the hell calls it the Face?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I'm not on either. I don't care what other people are saying and I have no delusions as to the quality of my own conversation either.

I just spam boards, that's enough for me.

Girl after my own heart! :pac:

Tried out linkedin for a while for business, fetlife for a while for pleasure...

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who actually DO mix business with pleasure! :D

Social networking of any sort wrecks my tits so no, not on any of them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Omackeral wrote: »

Highly recommended. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

antonymous wrote: »
    On twitter for business reasons, great tool. Left FB a long time ago, best thing I ever did. Last thing I want to do is line Zuckerbergs pockets with my personal info.

Yeah because I'm sure Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are dying to know your date of birth and political views. Some people take Internet privacy far too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

On both, use them mainly for wumming my friends with sport related status updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

maximoose wrote: »
    Is this a thing now? Who the hell calls it the Face?!

People who aren't on it, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'm on them both but rarely post anything, i'm just nosy and read other peoples

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tweet.ie

What ever happened to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah because I'm sure Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are dying to know your date of birth and political views. Some people take Internet privacy far too seriously.

Facebook and the like wana know as much as possible about you so they can advertise the "right" product to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Not on either of them. Just use boards and that does me grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just Twitter. I've never been tempted to join Facebook (or Bebo or MySpace when they were around). If you follow the right people, Twitter is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Neither! And by God, I never will!

Twitter seems to be a poor mans email with broadcast functions, as if the world cares what you had for breakfast.

Facebook - why on earth would I grant them access to my personal details to sell and market. It is bad enough with spyware and malware trying to extract data without surrendering it voluntarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I only use twitter for the latest scores of local club GAA matches. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I have accounts on both but I haven't used either of them in months

Advertisement