Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting really angry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I remember being with a group of friends about 2 months after the Henry handball incident, and while I was of course disappointed and angry at the time of the game, even weeks later, these friends were still going on about how painful it had been. It seemed to be like a competition for them:

"I couldn't watch any highlights of the game for a week."

"Well I couldn't watch the highlights for 2 weeks."

"Well I couldn't watch any football for a month."

etc ad nauseum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think its sad,

End of the day its only a game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Its a shame that a lot of players dont have the passion of the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

inmyday wrote: »
    Its a shame that a lot of players dont have the passion of the fans.
    One of the most overrated commodities , seems to be a British thing to rate it so highly. Give me a player with ability over one who runs and shouts a lot any day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Saw a United fan smash a bottle of Bulmer's off a wall in a pub when City won the league on the last day of the season. Was promptly kicked out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Like any fan, I'll get annoyed when my team is playing poorly. It think it's only natural. I rarely get angry :mad::mad::mad:.

I was one of the gazillion people on here that received an infraction for calling Henry a so and so for his handball, but the two that stick out in my memory for different reasons were...

United 3-2 up against City two years ago. Ferdinand d!cked around with the ball, lost it to Bellamy who subsequently made it 3-3. We all know what happened after that :D

But the one I'll never forget was during the same season. United were playing some of the worst football I had ever seen them play. About a week earlier, I bought an 8-ball for my keyring and I was fiddling with my keys while watching the game at home. After the poorest ball I have ever seen by Ryan Giggs, I slammed my fist down onto the couch and cursed, with keys in hand.

I remember that sound even today. It was like the crunch of crushing sugar with a spoon. Looking down in horror, I realised that my 2-week old iPhone 3GS had been right beside me. It now had an miniature 8-ball sized hole in it's screen.

So no anger from me anymore, unless all breakable objects have been removed.

That's my story on anger due to real-life soccer. FIFA on the xbox, on the other hand, drives me crazy with rage. That why I haven't bought the game in 3 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Whenever we watch a Spanish game and Ronaldo comes on the screen he will stick his fingers up at him. If I say Ronaldo is better than Messi he flies off the handle. He hates UTD with a passion, hurry up and die Fergie was muttered once. I don't understand how much ppl hate Utd either apparently.

In all truth I think undying hatred for a club, even if only watching on tv, is alot more understandable than ridiculously over loving a club you only know off the telly. As I always admit, if truth be told I hated United more than I actually loved Liverpool :pac: But then, of course, I hated Utd for Irish fan behaviour like described in the OP really- most of the joy at a Liverpool triumph would be the thought of how pissed it made most Utd fans. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I wouldn't go "ballistic" in a pub or public place watching a match. I'd say just the usual kinda "ah for **** sake" and all that sorta stuff, but I wouldn't be violent or aggressive, and I wouldn't be thrashing out. Head in the hands stuff.

That's in public...at home...well there is a reason I watch football alone in a room with the door shut.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

And were the Black n Tans around you offended at the song?

Plenty were upset with the ira songs and the racial abuse at the GGA matches.. Is that ok with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Games used to get me down but I soon got a dose of cop the fück on by the missus as with two young boys it's important to be in some sort of good humour for the rest of a Saturday or Sunday after a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Sometimes the players get angry too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus Stewie leave it out. Special Agent Kenny is a hero :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I put my fist through the bedroom door over a football match.

Probably the only time that I lost my rag over Forest, was when they threw away a golden opportunity in 1997 to reach the Cup semis at least and maybe the Final. They lost 1-0 to Chesterfield in the 5th round, having overcome Newcastle at St James in the previous round.

They would have had to play Wrexham in the quarters and Boro in the semis. As it was, Chesterfield beat Wrexham and should have beaten Boro after being 3-1 up and missed a penalty.

Advertisement