Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ploughing Championships - New Ross, Wexford

Options
  • 24-09-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

One of my lads is off to it tomorrow by bus and I'm wondering is it going to lash there like there's no tomorrow?

I've been trying to sift through all the forecasts but can't seem to put them together to see what is in store for him. I'm wondering how much wet weather protection he'll need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

www.met.ie

Tuesday will begin overcast with further outbreaks of rain. It'll be persistent again across eastern counties, but more patchy further west, with some good dry spells in Connacht and Munster during the afternoon when a few sunny breaks may arise. Highest temperatures will range 11 to 13 degrees in a strong and blustery northerly wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Would expect showery rainfalls of 20-40 mm in that vicinity, not quite as heavy as we're expecting around Dublin but far from dry. The rain will be perhaps heavier by afternoon as the low gets closer (it will be drifting south all day after moving out into the Irish Sea from Britain tonight). There's a slight chance the rain could be less than 20 mm and more showery, but it's too bad they chose that location when it's likely to be almost dry in west Munster. Even as close as Waterford the rainfall totals might be more like 10 to 20 mm, Cork may not see much at all but would say 5-15 mm possible.

Advertisement