Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Cook Medical

• 24-09-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I have an interview in Cook Medical this week and I'm looking for some more info on what Cook manufacture, I have had a look at their website but some indebt knowledge would go a long way.

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One recent thread on the same subject: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80515515

And another from late last year: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75818725

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Cheers.

Anyone got anymore info, pm if you wish...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

US approval of Cook Medical stent may boost jobs in Limerick

FIONA REDDAN

Cook Medical, an Indiana-based medical devices manufacturer, has received regulatory approval to sell its drug-eluting stent product in the US, a move that could lead to the creation of new jobs in its Limerick operation.

The Zilver PTX drug-eluting stent, which is used in the treatment of peripheral arterial disease, is manufactured in Limerick, and has been used to treat more than 15,000 patients across Europe since September 2009. While available in more than 50 countries, Cook has been unable to sell the device in the US until it received approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Now it can fully market the product in the US, which it expects will be its biggest market for the stent.

Speaking to The Irish Times yesterday, Bill Doherty, Cook Medical executive vice-president EMEA, said he “certainly hopes” that the FDA approval would lead to job creation at the Limerick plant.

Limerick is the global manufacturing site for the stent. Cook has been operating in Ireland since 1996, and currently employs more than 750 in Limerick.

©2012 The Irish Times

This looks like a very promising prospect for more new jobs . . . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

Just found this. How did your interview go. I had one too back then and got sent for a medical and passed with flying colours but never got the call up. Bummer

I here that they are putting on a new shift soon too.

fl&sh wrote: »
    Just found this. How did your interview go. I had one too back then and got sent for a medical and passed with flying colours but never got the call up. Bummer

Interview went perfect, medical perfect got a phonecall from HR last month, had to do another medical because it was so long since I done my last, started working there 2 weeks ago.

It may only last for a few weeks, but at least it's a job.....

• Advertisement

Get on to HR and say explain when you had your interview and medical, tell them you are waiting this long to hear any more news, pm me if you want the email address , I kept after them untill I got the job...

Got the same call myself but haven't heard anything back in over a month. Why do you think it'll only last a few weeks? They told me it was for at least 6 month contract

Got the same call myself but haven't heard anything back in over a month. Why do you think it'll only last a few weeks? They told me it was for at least 6 month contract

I was told it was a specific purpose contract, which means they can cancel your contract when they don't need you, but the way things are going out there and people I've been talking to, it's gong to last a lot longer and maybe a permanent contract. (here's hoping)

Well done and good luck with it. the money isn't great but with shift allowance it's not so bad. I most get onto someone in hr.

Well done and good luck with it. the money isn't great but with shift allowance it's not so bad. I most get onto someone in hr.

The money is better than the dole brother, I can start payng my mortgage again thats all I'm worried about man. Best of luck...

• Advertisement
Advertisement