Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Season Week 3 Report

Options
  • 24-09-2012 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Redskins 13-0 Colts

In an awful game in Washington, the Redskins come out with a W and some more information and who will make the grade as back ups.

Loving Kirk Cousins as back up meaning Grossman is up for trade if anyone is interested. Hankerson won't be leaving either. London Fletcher got another reception at Tight End :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers 24-6 Vikings

Chargers get their second win of the pre-season here against HowAreWe's Vikings.

Was a pretty close game for 3 quarters but a 14-0 score in the 3rd makes this game look more comfortable than it actually was for me.

Both of us had injury worries near the end as Ronnie Brown went down for me and Adrian Peterson went down for him. Thankfully neither injury was serious as far as I can see on the injury report.

With regards to my own team I think I'm starting to finally click a bit with the Chargers. The acquisition of Burress is a huge help to me and I'm starting to get the hang of Matthews/Brown in the run game and my D is improving too. Can't wait for the real season to start now although with my division that enthusiasm may not last long :pac:

Thanks for the game HowAreWe. You were very dangerous with Percy Harvin who had 150 yards receiving. If I was you I'd come out in some more 3 and 4 WR sets rather than just the 2 WR sets and mix passing to Harvin up with some play action and pounding the ground with Peterson and you'll keep opponents guessing a lot more. I'm not sure if it was you game plan or not but I thought I'd just throw a bit of advice out there anyway :) Also, sorry for my mic not working the jack on the controller is broken so I've got to buy a new controller soon. Best of luck for the season mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers 55-14 Bengals

The Bengals will be praying for a healthy season after this performance. Was fairly competitive and tight game until the starters for both teams left the field. At least 3 pick 6's by the bengals backup QB along with a breakout run by Starks made this look a lot more lob sided than it otherwise would have.

Do not let the score fool you. Full game of starters versus starters would be very interesting!

Bengals could do with picking up a backup QB just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Paully D wrote: »
    Chargers 24-6 Vikings

Thanks for the game HowAreWe. You were very dangerous with Percy Harvin who had 150 yards receiving. If I was you I'd come out in some more 3 and 4 WR sets rather than just the 2 WR sets and mix passing to Harvin up with some play action and pounding the ground with Peterson and you'll keep opponents guessing a lot more. I'm not sure if it was you game plan or not but I thought I'd just throw a bit of advice out there anyway :) Also, sorry for my mic not working the jack on the controller is broken so I've got to buy a new controller soon. Best of luck for the season mate!

I was actually trying to use Peterson as little as possible for fear of injuring him ( as you saw ) and for a while I was sticking to short passes, until I had no choice but to extend the field and that's when I got picked off. Ponder has accuracy of 90 on short throws but only 69 on deep ones which causes me problems. Don't get me started on Joe Webb :pac:.
    The playbook I was using ( vince lombardi ) has very little run plays, Might have to look elsewhere. I'll only truly be using Peterson on the regular season opener :pac: reminds me I need to pick up another rb, only have 2!

Cheers for the game bud. I'm sure you'll be fine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 31-24 Ravens

Opening drive Pudsy came out and walked up the field with Ray Rice. I couldn't cope with him at all. Blaine Gabbet came out and threw a pick immediately and I was 10-0 down going into the 2nd. Backup RB Rashad Jennings played like a man possessed in the 2nd quarter as he was the driving force behind 4 scoring drives, 3 of which included nice passing TD's for Chad Henne who had a pretty solid game, it was 28-10 at HT. The 3rd quarter was one for the punters, I could only add a field goal and it was 31-10 going into the 4th. Pudsy put together some nice plays and 2 late TD's had me sweating over an onside kick but I recovered and saw the game out.

Jennings had 152 yards on 14 carries and a TD. Henne was 11/18 for 151 yards and 3 TD's.

Cheers for the game and the chat Pudsy, got cut off at the end there but was just saying good luck with the season and wrap Ray Rice up in cotton wool.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Browns 24 - 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Nelbert wrote: »
    Packers 55-14 Bengals

The Bengals will be praying for a healthy season after this performance. Was fairly competitive and tight game until the starters for both teams left the field. At least 3 pick 6's by the bengals backup QB along with a breakout run by Starks made this look a lot more lob sided than it otherwise would have.

Do not let the score fool you. Full game of starters versus starters would be very interesting!

Bengals could do with picking up a backup QB just in case!

I was using my 3rd stringer QB... although my normal backup played as well and also threw a pick! So yeah... Dalton all the way me thinks

I was getting close to a rage quit during 4th quarter! It was just so frustrating... added to the fact my kicker cant punt for love nor money! It was going maybe 15 yrds... and when your inside your own half its extra depressing

Bring on the regular season and starters all the way!

Also... Benjarvis Green-Ellis is showing up as a 70 rated on my depth chart in main seaosn but be was back to an 82 when I was in the game depth chart...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cards @ Titans Titans receive

Titans move it well but Cards make a a goal line stand and force a FG.
    Cards have a 3 and out and punt.

Titans throw a pick past midfield, terrible pass choice by me.
    However on third down the Cards throw their own pick
    Titans then throw a pick on a PA

Cards have to punt, its muffed and the cards recover *stupid fcuking madden!*

Titans force a FG.

Cards force a quick 3 and out
    Titans force a punt

Cards pick off another pass.
    Cards punt

Hass hits Cook for a huge gain
    Next pass is a TD to the back up TE

3-10 Titans with 30 seconds left in the half.
    Cards throw a pick
    Titans in FG range, however no matter what i do Bironas wouldnt come out to take the kick

Cards receive and then punt however a bad throw almost leads to a pick 6, but Cards finish out the series with a TD.
    10-10

Another FG missed by Kern!
    Cards move the field and get in for a TD.
    titans hit Cook for a long TD

17-17 with 5 to go

Titans make a stop and force a punt
    Cars force a punt
    Titans force a punt

Titans then throw a pick 6 after 2 cross field runners block each other mid pass

24-17 Cards.

Titans move it and then throw an end zone pick and thats game

Good game Padraic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys - Rams

CPU Rams win.
    Poor game overall. Few turnovers as was trying too many things to test out the Cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cards @ Titans Titans receive

Titans move it well but Cards make a a goal line stand and force a FG.
    Cards have a 3 and out and punt.

Titans throw a pick past midfield, terrible pass choice by me.
    However on third down the Cards throw their own pick
    Titans then throw a pick on a PA

Cards have to punt, its muffed and the cards recover *stupid fcuking madden!*

Titans force a FG.

Cards force a quick 3 and out
    Titans force a punt

Cards pick off another pass.
    Cards punt

Hass hits Cook for a huge gain
    Next pass is a TD to the back up TE

3-10 Titans with 30 seconds left in the half.
    Cards throw a pick
    Titans in FG range, however no matter what i do Bironas wouldnt come out to take the kick

Cards receive and then punt however a bad throw almost leads to a pick 6, but Cards finish out the series with a TD.
    10-10

Another FG missed by Kern!
    Cards move the field and get in for a TD.
    titans hit Cook for a long TD

17-17 with 5 to go

Titans make a stop and force a punt
    Cars force a punt
    Titans force a punt

Titans then throw a pick 6 after 2 cross field runners block each other mid pass

24-17 Cards.

Titans move it and then throw an end zone pick and thats game

Good game Padraic

Cheers for the game, what a crazy game I don't know if the weather affected it... And I still dunno how I won with my yardage only 328 and yours 538!
    First game with my FA tight end I picked up and quite pleased,patches one of many holes my offense has...
    Cook jr had 198 yards receiving for Titans.

Advertisement