Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos. Avoid home delivery!

Options
  • 24-09-2012 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Ordered a dining set on September 1st, Arrives on September 11th with wrong colour chairs. Ring up and complain and told the right ones will be delivered 1 week later. New chairs arrive on September 18th and the its the same wrong ones again!! Ring up and wait for a call back that doesn't arrive so i complain via email as its cheaper than ringing a UK number. They ring this morning and looking to arrange a swap of the chairs. I ask is it the right chairs and unbelievably the woman on the phone tells me no its the wrong ones again. I ask for a manager and tell them what a joke of a company it is. They now tell me the chairs will arrive on October 2nd. How are this crowd still in business? I told them i want a goodwill gesture after i threatened to cancel the order. 5 weeks to get a dining set delivered :mad: Any one ever get a decent goodwill gesture off them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wow, I've never had a problem with their home delivery. Over the years, I've ordered 3 sofa, 2 kitchen tables and a cabinet. Never had a single issue with it.

Hopefully they will sort your problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just cancel the order and then complain to everyone about Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

snubbleste wrote: »
    Just cancel the order and then complain to everyone about Argos.

I told them to cancel but i still had to be available for them to pick up the wrong goods so i may as well keep it and hope i get a decent goodwill gesture. Frustrating though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    I told them to cancel but i still had to be available for them to pick up the wrong goods so i may as well keep it and hope i get a decent goodwill gesture. Frustrating though

Way to stand up for your rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭miggins

We had a mattress delivered in 07 and it was damaged so we sent it back, the next 2 replacements they sent had marks down the side from being dragged off the delivery truck, after about 3 weeks we finally got it undamaged and they sent us 60 euro in vouchers as a goodwill gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Way to stand up for your rights!

Insightful comment. Thanks
    miggins wrote: »
    We had a mattress delivered in 07 and it was damaged so we sent it back, the next 2 replacements they sent had marks down the side from being dragged off the delivery truck, after about 3 weeks we finally got it undamaged and they sent us 60 euro in vouchers as a goodwill gesture.

I would expect something around that figure myself. Thanks

Advertisement