Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compulsory Work Placement

• 24-09-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I can't seem to find info on this, but as work placements are so difficult to get nowadays according to Don, what actually happens if you can't manage to get one? Work placement is worth 15 credits in my course.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

C4Kid wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I can't seem to find info on this, but as work placements are so difficult to get nowadays according to Don, what actually happens if you can't manage to get one? Work placement is worth 15 credits in my course.

Thanks

For my (engineering) course if you're the poor unfortunate who somehow dosen't get placement they'll find something for you to do in the labs, hasn't happened in a while, classes are smaller and they are paid placements so even useless people made the effort for interviews etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I did Chemistry and people who didn't get placements were again given something to do around the college. One thing though, work placement is great thing to have on your CV leaving college so do your best to get one.

Advertisement