Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service outside the EU

• 24-09-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

are there any circumstances in CC where you can serve outside EU without leave under the Hague Convention? I know there are provisions in HC but doesnt seem to be any in CC

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

The same provisions under the RSC a

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

Tom Young wrote: »
    The same provisions under the RSC a

but there is no equivalent in CC rules...

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

god, sorry, i left out the important part of my question!
    are there any circumstances in CC where you can serve outside EU without leave under the Hague Convention? I know there are provisions in HC but doesnt seem to be any in CC

embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

god, sorry, i left out the important part of my question!

embarrassing

If the CC don't have a rule on something on my quick look can't find Hague then HC applies.

• Advertisement

NoQuarter wrote: »
    The appropriate CC Rule is 14B. Rule 10 of 14B points to Articles 12 - 15 of Council Regulation (E.C) No. 1348 of 2000 and they say:

So the answer appears to be yes although the provisions are not easy to follow.

this only applies within the EU though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

this only applies within the EU though

Apologies, I had genuinely though I read that it was outside the EU.

If the CC don't have a rule on something on my quick look can't find Hague then HC applies.

is there a rule on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

is there a rule on that?

Yes there is Order 67 rule 16,

16. Where there is no Rule provided by these Rules to govern practice or procedure, the practice and procedure in the High Court may be followed.

Advertisement