Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A ghosty book

Options
  • 24-09-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

I dont want this to be seen as an advert, but yet I have to announce theres a book out called Haunted Kilkenny - since this is a paranormal forum and the book is about real live ghost stories (in Kilkenny this time). You can get it as an E book, in a bookshop or anywhere online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

maccored wrote: »
    I dont want this to be seen as an advert, but yet I have to announce theres a book out called Haunted Kilkenny - since this is a paranormal forum and the book is about real live ghost stories (in Kilkenny this time). You can get it as an E book, in a bookshop or anywhere online.

Listen fair play for writing another book and for getting it published ...again. That said you are the first person to slate people for far less.
    Call it what it is and just say " Hey I wrote a new book, check it out!" I am sure you'll sell loads of copies but dont pretend this isnt an advert when clearly its is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

slate people for writing books? Are you mad sir?

I wont mention the other two that are coming in 2013 and 2014. Hope your 'My Ghost Story' slot went well.

slate people for writing books? Are you mad sir?

I wont mention the other two that are coming in 2013 and 2014. Hope your 'My Ghost Story' slot went well.

No slating people's opinions on here, I do believe it was you who slated people for making money and looking for fame of this hobby... and yes the filming went great had a fantastic free trip to sunny LA.

how is writing books making money (hahaha, thats a good one) or looking for fame? I slated people who spent their time running profit making ghost tours and calling themselves researchers .... and I never made any bones about that.

Cant wait to see the video and photo evidence you put together for my ghost story. they told me orbs would do, since i had no photos or videos of ghosts, after which I ceased communication with them. You must have had real footage then eh?

www.independent.ie/lifestyle/spook-me-i-see-dead-people-2401463.html

I do believe it said "I've come with Cormac, and his trusted medium," ha ha really ?

• Advertisement

www.independent.ie/lifestyle/spook-me-i-see-dead-people-2401463.html

I do believe it said "I've come with Cormac, and his trusted medium," ha ha really ?

I'd love to see the " evidence from that night" atleast our venture was for entertainment

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

at least our venture was for entertainment

So are you admitting you made up your evidence for entertainment purposes? :confused:

yeah - jeeze dave stop bitching and move it to PM if you must. Also ... dont be quoting journos at me, I cant be held responsible for what they say.

Secondly, Kim is trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

may I ask .... how do you determine that a medium is quote "trustable"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi lads,

If you want to talk about it further you really need to take it to PM. This thread is about the book, not about how "my group catches more real ghosts than your fake ghosts" or "my orbs are bigger than your orbs".

I enjoyed the Carlow book, I bought it to support the lads. There is a shortage of accessible paranormal books in Ireland. I look forward to reading this one.

R

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    So are you admitting you made up your evidence for entertainment purposes? :confused:

nope

leaving this thread PM sent

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No you illiterate I said our venture was for entertainment purposes

Ah there's no need for an abusive reply or name-calling I was only asking a genuine question!

Your "venture was for entertainment purposes" implies you were doing something purely for entertainment and not something that had any solid evidence or proof.

Maybe should be more careful how you word your posts rather than attacking posters for being illiterate, when clearly they're not. Also your childish snips at maccored belong in PM's not on a thread for all to see.

may I ask .... how do you determine that a medium is quote "trustable"

I have no idea. Kim, the person he's on about, is a trustworthy person though.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

"i dont want this to look like an advert, but let me advertise my book right here!"

leddpipe wrote: »
    "i dont want this to look like an advert, but let me advertise my book right here!"

Your point being?

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Your point being?

you couldn't interpret that , no?

leddpipe, if you have an issue, PM me. Otherwise, stop advertising my book for me.

Incase YOU couldnt interpret this thread, I have not linked to anywhere to buy the book as Im merely letting people know theres a kilkenny ghost story book out. I dont see where the f_cking problem is there.

Leddpipe - aquaintance of ghosthunter73 and ex PRAofI member. Nice to see you all sticking together in being foolish. As I say, PM me rather than posting useless crap in this thread.

leddpipe, if you have an issue, PM me. Otherwise, stop advertising my book for me.

Incase YOU couldnt interpret this thread, I have not linked to anywhere to buy the book as Im merely letting people know theres a kilkenny ghost story book out. I dont see where the f_cking problem is there.

Leddpipe - aquaintance of ghosthunter73 and ex PRAofI member. Nice to see you all sticking together in being foolish. As I say, PM me rather than posting useless crap in this thread.

I highlighted my issue sufficiently I think. and wonderful if my posts attract such attention as to advertise the book. and its not as much PRAOFI members sticking together, rather your alienating yourself with your persistently poor attitude.

best of luck with the book, might even buy a copy ;)

do you boys have a big 'how to bully like a schoolchild' book you learn stuff out of or what? Alienating myself from some anonymous internet poster who I dont know?

I would continue and ask if you are feeling OK, but I dont want to encourage this thread sidetracking thats going on. That PM you send me about my 'attitude' hasnt actually shed any light on anything.

Do me a favour though ... stop whinging about whatever imaginary thing Ive done to hurt your feelings ... considering I dont know you from adam.

• Advertisement

do you boys have a big 'how to bully like a schoolchild' book you learn stuff out of or what? Alienating myself from some anonymous internet poster who I dont know?

I would continue and ask if you are feeling OK, but I dont want to encourage this thread sidetracking thats going on. That PM you send me about my 'attitude' hasnt actually shed any light on anything.

Do me a favour though ... stop whinging about whatever imaginary thing Ive done to hurt your feelings ... considering I dont know you from adam.

PM sent, "bullying", pot-kettle!

and it made less sense than the last one. Anyway - can we stop this bull**** now? or do you have a point of some kind to make? (besides that i have a 'chip on my shoulder', that Im a 'bully', that I have a '****ing attitude' and that Im in 'denial' - since i cant make heads nor tails of that)

leddpipe wrote: »
    you couldn't interpret that , no?

Clearly I could, but I don't see your point other to de-rail this thread for no reason other than a personal issue with the OP!

Anyway leaving this behind us and getting back on topic, your book sounds interesting maccored, do you mind me asking do you ever plan on doing any of these books outside of the Leinster region or are you a Leinster man thru and thru?

Im actually blow-in - a tyrone man living in leinster. :)

History press have asked me to do every county, so Ive about half of the tyrone book researched and a few stories for an Antrim one (Barry fitzgerald from ghost hunters international will be co-writing those two with me). Its really just trying to capture old stories that would be lost in this day of people not passing on stories verbally anymore, plus modern ones from people who wouldnt have told their stories outside a small circle of family and friends.

I will also say though, its not a money making venture. I think myself and Danny have made about 90 euro each so far from Haunted Carlow. The book (Haunted Carlow) has sold around 600 copies ... but by the time everything is worked out, the writers dont get alot. You'd need to be selling lorry loads. Thankfully the history press cover all the publishing and distro costs etc so it doesnt actually cost any money to me, to write them. It's a fun thing to do though, plus the stories you get to hear are mad.

heres a Nook sample of Haunted Kilkenny from Barnes and Noble - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sample/read/9780752487076

If anyone wants a full, free PDF version of Haunted Kilkenny, send me a PM and I'll dig one out for you. It's exactly the same as the book, but just not printed (and i think its the non-corrected version which has a few typos in it)

I grew up in Tipperary and I heard some ghost stories and urban legends from the area that were passed on over the years. Would love it if they were captured in a book to read.

Great idea to have them written down!

if you hear of any or know someone who has either old or modern stories (first person as much as possible), let me know! Always looking for stories.

Advertisement