Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Options
  • 24-09-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi guys, seeing as it is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week...does anyone know of anywhere that has a deal on carbon monoxide alarms?
    Preferably looking for one with a digital display?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

It just so happens that Aldi has one on their offers page for this Thursday, 27th September. I don't know anything about it, but here's the link if you want to take a look: http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23685.htm

I bought one last year in Tesco when they were on special offer. The brand was "Fireangel" and from what I can remember it has some kind of a 5 year battery in it. It's still working away now at any rate. I think I paid less than Euro20 for it - well worth it for peace of mind.

If anyone else has some suggestions I'd also welcome them - looking for one for a member of the family who's heading back to college.

Thanks in advance :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Fishy1 wrote: »
    It just so happens that Aldi has one on their offers page for this Thursday, 27th September. I don't know anything about it, but here's the link if you want to take a look: http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23685.htm

I bought one last year in Tesco when they were on special offer. The brand was "Fireangel" and from what I can remember it has some kind of a 5 year battery in it. It's still working away now at any rate. I think I paid less than Euro20 for it - well worth it for peace of mind.

If anyone else has some suggestions I'd also welcome them - looking for one for a member of the family who's heading back to college.

Thanks in advance :)

The Fire Angels were reduced from 34 euro down to 17 euro each.They have a 7 year lifespan "sealed battery" and a digital display screen that shows the room temperature aswell as the CO levels too.

I bought 2 of them.

That Kidde CO Alarm is a good make and not a bad price either.:)

Pic of the Fire Angel CO Alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

paddy147 wrote: »
    Pic of the Fire Angel CO Alarm.

Thanks for that. I do like the idea of the digital display. Do they still have them in tesco do you know?

RTT wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I do like the idea of the digital display. Do they still have them in tesco do you know?

Not all Tescos have them,and they are back up to full price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement