Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cribs : Olympia Theatre November 8th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

I've seen them once before at Oxegen in 2010, there set clashed with FATM and some other popular act so they had a really small crowd but still thought they were impressive.

Looking forward to seeing them headline their own gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

got mine :D

got mine :D

Got mine too. Would love to see a packed house for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Still tickets available for this. Picked mine up there now.
    Should be a good one. Any support for this?

• Advertisement

from Ticketmaster:
    Change of Venue: The Cribs, The Olympia Theatre, 8th November 2012‏

Date: 8th November 2012

Original Venue: The Olympia Theatre

Rescheduled Venue: The Academy

Due to unforeseen circumstances the performance of The Cribs on 8th November 2012 has changed venue from the Olympia and will now take place at the Academy on the same date.

Tickets for the original venue remain valid for the rescheduled venue unless you chose Ticketfast as your delivery option, in this case replacement tickets will be posted to you shortly

For Customers unable to attend the rescheduled event, refunds are available. Please read the below carefully to see how you can avail of a refund.

Customers who purchased their tickets from an outlet can obtain a refund by returning their tickets to the point of purchase.

If you have purchased your tickets via phone or Internet and would like to get a refund, you must return your tickets via a secure method of post to the below address. Once received we will refund the card used for purchase.

Ticketmaster Head Office, Grafton House, 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

If you selected box office collections please call us and select option number 5 on the below number.

If you have any further queries please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service on 0818 903 001 or if you are calling from Northern Ireland call 0844 277 9964 Monday to Saturday 9.30 to 6pm selecting option 5. Please ensure you have your order number and credit card ready when calling as you will be asked for this information.

On behalf of the artist and the promoter, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards
    Customer Services Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

i think that's code word for we have sold **** all tickets and are moving it to a smaller venue.

saw them last time round with Johnny Marr in the academy and it was pretty slick.

while it sounds like a wanky statement i think he brought a bit of tightness to a wayward band and they seemed to gel well. There new album isn't as good as the previous 2. still should be a good gig though.

I actually prefer the Academy, always thought the Olympia was a bit too big for them, especially considering the new album hasn't really raised their profile at all.

Should be a good gig, I included a link to the setlist for their gig in London last Saturday. looks like a cracker! hopefully something very similar for Dublin.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cribs/2012/hmv-forum-london-england-23dd789f.html

Alright gig, love seeing these guys live but there was bit of a poor turn out for it and there was too many kids there for my liking(god I sound old and miserable....), looks like they were waaaay to optimistic when they originally book the Olympia!
    What did anyone else think?

thought it was a really good gig.
    didn't think there were that many kids there, although i was towards the edges, maybe they were in that bit in front of Ryan? it was definitely mid/late 20s upwards around us anyway....
    agreed on the turnout, i was actually quite surprised that it wasn't close to being full. i don't think it helped that they announced it relatively close to the actual date. a few more months notice might have helped, i know a few people who would have liked to go but didn't have the money for a ticket. still, no chance they would have filled the Olympia even with a few more months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm Cribs mad but that was the most disappointing gig of theirs I've been to for various reasons. I thought they gave ample time from announcement of the gig to the time of the gig, wasn't too rushed. They were hugely optimistic (or promoters were) about getting Olympia. They haven't had a reliable following in Ireland to try for it. Last time they played a near sell out show in the Academy and at the time they had Johnny Marr in the band and were getting far more airplay on Irish radio, particularly Paul McLoone which I find is a good help. They also had to change to smaller venue in the North as well.

Whatever it is about Ireland and the Cribs, they never really got the love of a wider audience. I've seen the band as many times in Scotland as I have seen them here and it doesn't compare. They have so much love and atmosphere over there (UK in general). So many people I know point to my Cribs t-shirts and say "I hate them". I'd ask if they ever gave them a proper listen and they'd say "no".

There was a limp sized crowd Thursday and I was only made aware on the day that it was now an over 14s gig. Another measure to try get more sales. There was a lot of young people making up the numbers in the crowd and they were giving it socks to be fair, starting a mosh pit here and there throughout. But for the band having played a near full crowd last time and now only to look up to the balcony to see the support, September Girls watching them must have been a bit of a blow. I'm sure they don't care, rock 'n roll, a gig is a gig but they would have been better off to cut their losses and played a sold out Whelans and slayed the crowd.

I felt they seemed to give up mid gig. Ryan would be handed a guitar and it sounded out of tune as they began Anna and he made a winced/annoyed face but continued. I know he wouldn't typically care and they thrive on being messy (in pre and post Marr tours) but combined with his voice going and him beginning to talk along to their shouts bits I thought he looked like he just wanted to get the gig over with (just my opinion of course). They dropped 3 songs at this gig from their most recent setlist as well.

I had a friend with me who loves them and had never seen them before and she was underwhelmed. I think it just wasn't their night but at the same time they do give a good show even if its not their best and to me getting a mediocre Cribs gig in Ireland is better than none. I was still happy to hear and see the new tunes live.

Here's a video I took on my phone. It would have turned out great if it wasn't for audio synch issues which I tried to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This was the first time I've seen them so I can't compare this to their earlier performances. However, I really enjoyed it. Although it wasn't one of the best gigs I've ever been to, I had a really good time. I especially loved it when they played Be Safe as it's my favourite Cribs song and I wasn't really expecting it. I will say that the turn out was really disappointing. They're a great band and definitely deserve more.

Also, here's a review on the gig that I found, in case anyone else would be interested in reading it.
    http://www.goldenplec.com/review-the-cribs-at-the-academy-2/

Advertisement