Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with "An Post"

• 24-09-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Alright,So on the 31/8/12 i ordered a backpack from ebay it was shipping from Hong Kong,it is now the 24/9/12 and i still have not got it,i am also waiting on a package that i won about 3 months ago and thats not here aswell as a something i ordered on "Airsoft-Club"
    Im very angry with this as this address has allways worked before and iv never had any trouble at all! We changed postman a few weeks ago to a much younger lad but it should still be working! :mad:
    Any help here lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Goods from Hong Kong would liable for import duty and VAT and may be held in customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Why are you blaming An Post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

It takes ages for stuff to come from the like of Hong Kong, China and so on.

An Post wont delay at getting to you the problem as stated above is customs/revenue will probably want you to pay some tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You need to head down to An Post HQ and ask to speak to someone in authority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

You need to head down to An Post HQ and ask to speak to someone in authority

bring your shouty voice, they'll be like putty in your hands..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go "An Postal", it's the usual "go postal" but with a shillelagh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

focus 23 wrote: »
    We changed postman a few weeks ago to a much younger lad but it should still be working! :mad:

You can do that ? Will you change my postman into a younger woman, just to check if mine is still working ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Is the new postman wearing a shiny new backpack and carrying a new air soft gun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Is ''backpack'' code for new wife?? Cos I reckon your new postman has run away with your ''backpack'' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

bring your shouty voice, they'll be like putty in your hands..

Make sure to work in the Public Service angle too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

That's a disgrace op, sure you pay their wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Your postman doesn't deliver packages.If you weren't at home when the parcel was delivered a collection notice would have been pushed through the letter box, could someone have taken this?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭focus 23

I dont think anybody took the slip,im pretty much always here but ill wait till the end of this month before doing anything,Nothing from Hong kong has ever taken this long to get to me.
    Anyway i had a good laugh reading some of these :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

focus 23 wrote: »
    I dont think anybody took the slip,im pretty much always here but ill wait till the end of this month before doing anything,Nothing from Hong kong has ever taken this long to get to me.
    Anyway i had a good laugh reading some of these :p
    All in good fun op :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

A backpack from hong kong . ?
    Where do you import your bottles of water from op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭focus 23

cloptrop wrote: »

Haha,It was a Utility bag for Airsoft worked out 20 euro cheaper from there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

cloptrop wrote: »

I'd hazard a guess most backpacks are made in Asia along with most consumer goods so probably not as big a deal as you try to suggest it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If its a customs issue the postman will still bring it AFAIK, you just have to pay the duty and 6euro AnPost handling fee.

Stuff from HK usually takes 2-3 weeks to get here for me.

Advertisement