Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile SIM in Nokia = Incompatible Handset

Options
  • 24-09-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I just put the SIM from my Samsung Galaxy S2 into my Nokia 1208.

When I turn it on I get 'Incompatible Handset'

Is there any way to fix this? Im abroad at the moent and want to use a local sim in the Galaxy but still have the Irish SIM some phone.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A 3 sim needs a 3G phone, the nokia 1208 is not 3g compatible. So your stuck im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I made the same mistake myself. Bought a cheapo phone in Tesco, but it would'nt work with a Three sim. On a point of info can anyone confirm if a quad band phone is 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Quad Band doesn't mean the phone is 3g enabled. GSM has four bands 850/900/1800/1900 but will still not work with a 3 simcard.

Generally it's a good idea to check http://www.gsmarena.com to see if the handset you want to check is 3g enabled.

Advertisement