Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn/Winter FI Charts 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Tickets are on sale for the ride. Queue up now. Here she comes

12122118_0818.gif

12121606_0900.gif

I keep hearing about a trend developing. Cold is on the way.
    Can some one explain this? Is it a trend that developed in previous years, where this looks similar and cold flowed into the country in those previous years?

Because if it is a trend in the models, I don't see how that could be taken as a reliable trend, if it's constantly dropped. Just like last winter. We had an excellent winter for cold and snow in 2011/12 (if you lived in FI) Where as in reality we had a very mild winter.

Winter is still only just begun. I still think we are doing well. Just stay out of FI and you'll have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Here we go agaaaaiiin! :D

gfs-0-276_tlo7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

BEASTERLY wrote: »

gfs-0-276_tlo7.png

Way way too far away !!! Lets not do this to ourselves again please!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

pad199207 wrote: »

This is the FI model thread, there is another thread for discussing the models in the more reliable time-frame.

Charts right up to +384h are perfectly acceptable in here, nobody is expecting these charts to verify exactly as shown, we are just looking for future trends, and having some fun while doing so :).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

BEASTERLY wrote: »

gfs-0-276_tlo7.png

I have been reading laty it takes 3 rolls of the dice to get an easterly ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

May I suggest we use a Snow Dice this time.

231951.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

I can't take it anymore :confused:

pad199207 wrote: »

Ah come on, it's the FI thread, tis only a bit of fun... for now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just saw the rte forecast there and they have snow over Ireland for the second half of next week, no idea where they are getting this information from because next week looks increasingly mild as we head towards the weekend. Not getting my hopes up for any snow now unless it's 24 hours in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

A very interesting early FI rolling out on the 18Z now. Not sure how long it will stay interesting though. Round 3 potential?

Nobody watching this?

lol it even has the classic xmas eve breakdown.

Pub run being the pub run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

By the looks of the 18z GFS we may have another shot at a phantom easterly after next weekend....I can't take any more of this rollercoaster!!

Seriously, I don't recall such a drawn out chase for cold weather - after almost three weeks of model watching we are now on the cusp of looking for a third easterly after two major fails. I think I prefer a Greenland (rather than Scandinavian) high, they seem to bring less drama.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

And then .......

232045.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DanRu

At this stage it more like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Always 7-10 days away in FI and doesn't really exist but you can dream! I have no doubt we will see snow this year but its back to MET Forecasts for me, it's been a fun ride but I don't think the snow bunny in me can take another fall. Peace out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

DanRu wrote: »
    At this stage it more like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Always 7-10 days away in FI and doesn't really exist but you can dream! I have no doubt we will see snow this year but its back to MET Forecasts for me, it's been a fun ride but I don't think the snow bunny in me can take another fall. Peace out.

Can't take another fail?! Isn't the fact that it's so uncertain the main joy of model watching?

Ah its the thrill of the chase folks , If you cant stand the heat, get out of the Kitchen !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ah its the thrill of the chase folks , If you cant stand the heat, get out of the Kitchen !

I had to take some time out cause of bitter disappointment !

I can confirm that the weather was great in the pub at the weekend ! haha

* heads off to check the CFS for some nice colours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Didn't need to look too far ! ha. Imagine !!!! :eek:

cfs-2-606_fzl6.png

cfs-0-606_jtn9.png

Looks like the 18Z GFS had one too many bulmers last night. Back to a wet and windy FI on the models this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

We must be getting close to being immune to disappointment in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Based on the models/forecasts, what is the weather expected to be like in Holland on the run up to christmas?

Heading over to the in-laws on the 27th. Bringing the little man over for his first visit. Would be nice if the snow they currently have was expected to hang around, as he's unlikely to see any here until Jan at the earliest.

• Advertisement

Defcol wrote: »
    Based on the models/forecasts, what is the weather expected to be like in Holland on the run up to christmas?

Heading over to the in-laws on the 27th. Bringing the little man over for his first visit. Would be nice if the snow they currently have was expected to hang around, as he's unlikely to see any here until Jan at the earliest.

Very possible that it could still be cold/snowy there right up to Christmas. Too far away to know for sure though.

Ahh heeere, leave ih bleedin ouh!
    gfs-0-324_ufc9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

gfs-1-384.png?18:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Mayans have taken over ECM, day 10 map for 21 Dec shows worst windstorm of modern times approaching, let's hope it comes nowhere close to verifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mayans have taken over ECM, day 10 map for 21 Dec shows worst windstorm of modern times approaching, let's hope it comes nowhere close to verifying.

At least it would be something interesting!

Would certainly be time to get out of Dodge if this was progged at T24hrs!!

ECM1-240.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Thank god! Won't have to sit that damn C exam. :D

It's 950 and still deepening on the weatheronline charts.

12122112_1112.gif

The center looks weird on that chart though. I'd suspect that in reality those isobars would continue down to an even lower pressure.

Extremely unlikely at 240 hours though, not even fit for this thread really. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'll take an epic windstorm if we can't have snow :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's 950 and still deepening on the weatheronline charts.

12122112_1112.gif

The center looks weird on that chart though. I'd suspect that in reality those isobars would continue down to an even lower pressure.

Extremely unlikely at 240 hours though, not even fit for this thread really. :P

That's because WO only goes as low at 950mb :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

That's because WO only goes as low at 950mb :eek::D

That reminds me of this time last year when something similiar was progged by ECM at a simliar remove - never happened of course:rolleyes:

Advertisement